• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Flight Suit?

Lawman

None
H20man said:

You should get out more.

Blue%20Angels%20with%20Shauna.jpg

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
A lot of squadrons (mostly pointed nose guys) get custom flight suits. Ones I have seen/know of:

VF-213 Black Lions (blue)
VF-114 Aardvarks used to have orange
VFA-147 Argonauts (black)
VFA-22 Red Cocks (red)

Basically, they either make the SDO wear it or they all wear them one day of the week. I have even seen Hornet squadrons deliniate what color patches to wear on that day on the flight schedule.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We wore orange bags in the VF-114 Aardvarks.

Our sister squadron VF-213 wore blue bags.

Lawman

None
SteveG75 said:
A lot of squadrons (mostly pointed nose guys) get custom flight suits. Ones I have seen/know of:

VF-213 Black Lions (blue)
VF-114 Aardvarks used to have orange
VFA-147 Argonauts (black)
VFA-22 Red Cocks (red)

Basically, they either make the SDO wear it or they all wear them one day of the week. I have even seen Hornet squadrons deliniate what color patches to wear on that day on the flight schedule.

Thats the Black Lions wearing those blue bags.

T37Driver

Lone Warrior
Hmmm, it might just be me but seems like the RIOs are wearing the blue suit while the Drivers are wearing the green....I might be wrong but just an observation.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The blue nomex flight suit was STANDARD ISSUE to all pilots, NFO's and aircrew in the 80's up until about 1992. I received 2 blue and 4 green at FRS issue. This was very common and you generally saw a mix of both until around 1992 when they were phased out.

We wore ours mostly for VIP missions, but you could wear it any time really. Some nameless dorks even went so far as to put soft shoulder boards on the epaulets , lol.

Thankfully the blue suit was retired. It was just plain dorky.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Lawman said:
You should get out more.

Yeah I was waiting for that comment, I should have been clearer and said "In the fleet"

T37Driver said:
Hmmm, it might just be me but seems like the RIOs are wearing the blue suit while the Drivers are wearing the green....I might be wrong but just an observation.

I saw that as well.

Lips

T37Driver said:

black lions in blue, tomcatters in green. joint/dual brief. maybe CAG briefing?

is that photo from just before that big tomcat flyoff? one of the briefing cards looks like its got that formation diagram on the back.

B

Blutonski816

Yes and Yes

CAG Sizemore Breifing hte guys from 31 and 213 right before it happens...

BTW, I must say, that guy from 31 in the front row has an awsome jacket with those leather patches... hmmm, just realized... he kinda looks like John Belushi... maybe he should be called "Bluto"

and look there's "Timmeh!" standing in back...

B

Blutonski816

ghost119 said:
Good eyes Lips. Is that why the enlisted female is videotaping the briefing? Or do they normally videotape the briefings?

Possibly Filmed For Posterity... I mean it probably was the LAST breifing Tomcat crews will ever have on the boat...