• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Flight Suit?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
But I've "heard" of others with different stories, as they tend to recycle both the bottles and the caps, and not necessarily sanitizing the latter.

Ever try the Egyptian Beer with formaldehyde in it?...or so the urban legend goes. You'd pay whatever it costs for a San Miguel (or Primo) if you had to drink that stuff.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
heyjoe said:
Ever try the Egyptian Beer with formaldehyde in it?...or so the urban legend goes. You'd pay whatever it costs for a San Miguel (or Primo) if you had to drink that stuff.

Not Egyptian, per se, but plenty of SE Asian beer or beer from S. America. There's a fair amount of pickling agent in there, as well. Really does a number on you the next day. ;)

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
heyjoe said:

Nothing like an ice cold Efes after a hard day at ONW. The Champagne of Bottled Dishwater! (Plus a little formaldehyde...)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
gatordev said:
I personally never had a problem either in the PI .....But I've "heard" of others with different stories, as they tend to recycle both the bottles and the caps, and not necessarily sanitizing the latter.
That's why we always used to "wipe" the bottle mouth. But that probably wouldn't do much good. Most lower GI tract "stories" emanate from the crap that guys eat from sidewalk kiosks while staggering back to the ship --- judgment failure.

Again, no problems ever experienced with San Miguel except for the occasional hangover. They -- Filipinos --- actually have a lot invested in their food industry --- and industrial food production in the PI is pretty good today. I use a lot of PI manufactured food products on a regular basis --- no problems, ever. San Miguel is pretty decent beer.

But No Baluts, either ... don't go there.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Every squadron has some type of sh!t hots...I thought that was just common. I know VAW 115 has their stripe all the way down the leg. We call it the Speed Racer.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've resurrected this thread as I think I found the winner. Yellow bags and white shoes. Catmando, confess....you're in this pic somewhere. Apparently taken in 1975.

Attachments

• JohnBrickner'sSundowners%20Aug1975.jpg
    JohnBrickner'sSundowners%20Aug1975.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 446

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
^^^Flight suits or leisure suits? Are ya sure it isn't a bunch of used car salesman taking a pic in front of a cool aircraft?

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
there was an instructor at the HT's that wore a bright red flight suit a few Fridays ago. I wish I had a picture the thing was awesome. At first I thought he was a dude from crash/salvage in the fire engine red poopy-suit. And then he turned around and I realized who it was. I think he got quite a few comments from other instructors. Not sure if they were good or bad comments though...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm happy to announce that adult beverages are still the tradition at many fly-ins. All is not lost from the "good ole days."

Brett

My first fly in from cruise at Miramar. We stopped beyind the gun butts...out of sight of the tower and hangar 3, safed our seats, took off our gear and helmet, combed our hair...and got handed 2 beers after shutting down one engine and cracking the canopy. Then we cruised in en masse to the hangars on number one alone...got all lined up and shut down at the same time, popped the canopies and got out...road soda in hand to meet the ladies.:icon_wink Get the drip pans and speedie dry ready was the battle cry.

ahhh yes, the good old days. :(

badger16

None
I've resurrected this thread as I think I found the winner. Yellow bags and white shoes. Catmando, confess....you're in this pic somewhere. Apparently taken in 1975.

Ronald%20McDonald%20Images%20029.jpg

Wow...all they are missing is the face paint and the red hair...

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
I'm not so sure the orange suit has the apeal it once did. Our standard E&E briefing concludes with..."Lastly, if Hajii hands you an orange jumpsuit, refuse to put it on."