• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blues Low Pass

isshinwhat

None
From Thursday's practice, courtesy of the Pensacola News Journal

Attachments

• Low Pass.jpg
    Low Pass.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 426
  • Another Pass.jpg
    Another Pass.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 412

JIMMY

that is damn sexy...

the 2nd pic... looks like the wings have crazy-negative-dihedral... is that just because the wings are negatively loaded? (ground effect?)

-jP

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
that is damn sexy...

the 2nd pic... looks like the wings have crazy-negative-dihedral... is that just because the wings are negatively loaded? (ground effect?)

-jP

I didn't know the waves got that big in Pcola.:icon_wink

Honestly, the Pcola Beach airshow was by far my favorite airshow I've ever seen. Definitely the most up close airshow you'll see, so long as ESAR doesn't chase you out of the water.

Huggy Bear

pilot
The best thing about the pensacola airshow is that when your head is not tilted up in the sky to look at planes there is plenty of nice eye candy around to look at.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
From Thursday's practice, courtesy of the Pensacola News Journal
But why are they flying so high ... ??? :confused::eek:

It ain't A-4's or A-6's ... but it's close enough. :) Touch this :
*edit* ... it's probably been posted herein before -- you guys are "quicker on the draw" with internet vid's than I ... but it's ALWAYS worth another look .... certainly made me smile.

Ahhhhhh .... memories. Keep 'em, guys ... :captain_1

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
The best thing about the pensacola airshow is that when your head is not tilted up in the sky to look at planes there is plenty of nice eye candy around to look at.
Yep, that's true. And they usually make their kids sit far enough away from them so that you don't find out till later...

And yes, ESAR was chasing people out of the water this weekend...

isshin,

Sooo glad somebody got that pass. It was pretty sick from the sand and I didn't get it on film. Thanks!

On another note: The airshow indeed is one of the best one's I've attended. Doesn't get much better than chillin' on the beach, watching the Blues. No matter how many times I've seen them, it just doesn't get old.

-jai5w4

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Missed this year's show for the first time in a couple years, but I have to say that watching #5 pull up to overfly the pier is always a highlight. Makes up for not being able to see the pitchup break at the end. Sometimes it's the simplest maneuvers that look the most impressive . . .

onedge

pilot
They had the airshow in Jacksonville on the beach last year. They had an all out amphibious assault with LCACs, F-18s, LAVs, Stallion helos, and marines. Turns out that you don't really gain an appreciation for the blues until you've trained in an aircraft yourself.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Eye Candy?

mullet.jpg

~D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
But why are they flying so high ... ??? :confused::eek:

It ain't A-4's or A-6's ... but it's close enough. :) Touch this :
*edit* ... it's probably been posted herein before -- you guys are "quicker on the draw" with internet vid's than I ... but it's ALWAYS worth another look .... certainly made me smile.

Ahhhhhh .... memories. Keep 'em, guys ... :captain_1

Helos don't have SH!T on that.