• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blues Low Pass

Bird_Dog322

The Blues @ Pensacola Beach are ALWAYS a treat. Attending the Homecoming show is also awesome. Like jai5w4 said, it never gets old. I'm a kid w/chills on those low passes. The eye candy isn't to shabby to focus on in between demos...however, I'm a local who's inquiring what they look like elsewhere : )

By the way, A4s, that vid was crazy! From the outside-looking-in, that's a heck of view from the inside-looking-out. Wow.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... A4s, that vid was crazy! From the outside-looking-in, that's a heck of view from the inside-looking-out. Wow.

That's the "real fun" :eek: of it ... feeling the ground @ 400-500 kts.

Tap, tap, tap .... "who needs an altimeter, anyway"? Tap, tap, tap ... "guess it doesn't work too well down here ...".

Cracks me up how the guy (South Africans ? Hard-core flyers, obviously good sticks, in any case -- and I don't mean the Winnie/Nelson Mandela kinda' ANC South African flyers, either ;)) is checking his chart for the next waypoint/turnpoint or just doing some visual check off the chart --- and all the time he's close enough to the ground to step out and walk -- no problem-o, ho-hum.

Some things just remain the same ....
:)

We used to call 'em "Sandblowers" .. i.e., the low-levels. There's one painting I've been looking for depicting some TA-4's coming low and hot from a late afternoon hop in south Texas --- can't find it --- copies used to hang in the O'Club bars in Kingsville and Beeville. This isn't it ... but it's similar. Probably plagerized :) ... at least the "idea". The one I'm lookin' for is 2-4 TA-4's in TRACOM colors --- same basic idea as this one below .....

Anyone ??? Anyone ??? Bueller ???

onedge

pilot
Hey A4s.... Did the pic have a Jack Rabbit in it just chillen? Also the picture he's got looks at the plane's (A-4) starboard/front side. If so, my dad has a copy. I'll ask him where he picked it up.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hey A4s.... Did the pic have a Jack Rabbit in it just chillen? Also the picture he's got looks at the plane's (A-4) starboard/front side. If so, my dad has a copy. I'll ask him where he picked it up.

Hmmmm ... boy .... not sure. About the jackrabbit, that is ... the flight was comin' low and fast out of the west with a couple of BIG CB's building up, west Texas style, behind them. Kind of like the end to a great 4-plane "G"-route .... i.e., fly a Sandblower and then hit the target with 6 X 25-lb Blue Death each .... !!!

The get them solo STUD's home !!! Before I kill 'em .... !!! Plus it's happy hour @ the Kingsville Club !!! :)

Not sure from your description, but I'd like the info, anyway ... thanks.

NavyLonghorn

Hmmmm ... boy .... not sure. About the jackrabbit, that is ... the flight was comin' low and fast out of the west with a couple of BIG CB's building up, west Texas style, behind them. Kind of like the end to a great 4-plane "G"-route .... i.e., fly a Sandblower and then hit the target with 6 X 25-lb Blue Death each .... !!!

The get them solo STUD's home !!! Before I kill 'em .... !!! Plus it's happy hour @ the Kingsville Club !!! :)

Not sure from your description, but I'd like the info, anyway ... thanks.

Can you translate that into P-3 speak please? You lost me somewhere around "Hmmmm".

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Who said anything about wearing pants?
Yeah ... to-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o hot ... south Texas. Or the P.I. Or SE Asia. Wherever that is ....

Anyway ... too hot and you might get a "heat rash" .... but pants ??? Isn't that what you wear when around civilized peeps ... i.e., your wives and chillens' .... ????? :eek:

Limes .... peace out. :icon_rast

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I just figured, you know, you got your flightsuit on, and those are sort of pants-like. It's a turn of phrase, dammit. :)