• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blues Low Pass

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Old saying:
"Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make history."

New saying:
"Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make bad movies."

But, back to the original post. There is a VCR tape out there (I wish I had a copy but don't, A4's probably does) called "Eagle's Greatest Hits" from VA-115 during Desert Storm. I just remember the first clip clearly:

Night one of the war, the A-6's went in low (no night vision goggles back then either). The camera is looking out the windscreen and audio is being recorded off the ICS. AAA is going up and over the canopy, SAMs are being launched ballistically.
Radar altimeter: DEEDLE DEEDLE DEEDLE
Pilot: "Resetting, 50 feet."
Pilot: "Pulling (up)"
Pilot: "Pulling"

50 feet, at night, no NVG's, in combat!!! Good thing southern Iraq is flat.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Old saying:
"Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make history."

New saying:
"Fighter pilots make movies, attack pilots make bad movies."

But, back to the original post. There is a VCR tape out there (I wish I had a copy but don't, A4's probably does) called "Eagle's Greatest Hits" from VA-115 during Desert Storm. I just remember the first clip clearly:

Night one of the war, the A-6's went in low (no night vision goggles back then either). The camera is looking out the windscreen and audio is being recorded off the ICS. AAA is going up and over the canopy, SAMs are being launched ballistically.
Pilot: "Resetting, 50 feet."
Pilot: "Pulling (up)"
Pilot: "Pulling"

50 feet, at night, no NVG's, in combat!!! Good thing southern Iraq is flat.

I've seen that clip. @ssholes and elbows, if memory serves.

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Blood of Cuchulainn

Find it. Download it. Listen to it. Love it.

(The song in the opening of Boondock Saints after the church scene)

You've just caused a new addition to my running playlist. 3 times in 5 miles and now it's in my head on auto-repeat. Not that I'm complaining. That is some good music.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Kiwi's .... good pilots. Good sailors. Good soldiers. Too bad the civilian side is .... less.