• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cecil Field vs. Oceana...not done yet!

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
nittany03 said:
repost.gif

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16454

Maybe I, a lowly regular forum member without any private forum access, would have wanted to read it :icon_wink

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
Maybe I, a lowly regular forum member without any private forum access, would have wanted to read it :icon_wink

Oops, my bad . . .

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I understand that the residents nearby might not like the noise or what not, but if they leave Oceana and Jacksonville doesn't allow the reopening of Cecil Field, where do the planes go? It seems that these people are letting the almighty dollar erase the memory that these planes are used in training the pilots who will be fighting and dying to protect their country.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
HighDimension said:
It seems that these people are letting the almighty dollar erase the memory that these planes are used in training the pilots who will be fighting and dying to protect their country.

Surprise you? They don't give two sh!ts about protecting our country...

Kinda reminds my of a time I spent in Chapel Hill... saw a protest against the war in Iraq...

Sign #1: "War is Terrorism and creates more terrorism"
Sign #2: "War has never solved anything!"
Sign #3: "We support our troops!"

Uhh.. newsflash... the purpose of our troops is to wage war. Period. If it's terrorism, or it doesn't solve anything, then you're ethically obligated to NOT support them.

The folks who hate jet noise are the same... they claim to "support our troops", but in reality don't give a sh!t.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I forsee this becoming a total train wreck. Oceana is looking to get BRAC'd, or at least the jets moved, and Jax/Cecil isn't interested. Next thing you know Navy is hunting for places to park a bunch of Hornets. Who wants to do fleet tours in Meridian or Kingsville?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I like the sound of Patrick AFB (pretty much empty now) or NAS Key West!

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
EODDave said:
I like the sound of Patrick AFB (pretty much empty now) or NAS Key West!
Heck, why settle for dets when you can get stationed there? :icon_rast (obligatory A4s-style lime-squeezing smilie . . .)

Although if we're talking about swapping bases with the Air Scouts, wasn't there discussion about giving Moody to the Navy?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
If the Navy follows it's current trend, we will be out of VA Beach and at a place like Cherry Point, Moody or Meridian. I dont know why the Navy looses all it good locations, Key West, Miramar, Cecil and settles for places like Lemoore, Meridian and Kingsville. And how the AF can swing places like Tyndal, Eglin, Patrick, etc. Crap lets just open the field back in HI (A4's would like that), and Key West as our East and West Coast Master Jet Bases and call it a day.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
EODDave said:
If the Navy follows it's current trend, we will be out of VA Beach and at a place like Cherry Point, Moody or Meridian. I dont know why the Navy looses all it good locations, Key West, Miramar, Cecil and settles for places like Lemoore, Meridian and Kingsville. And how the AF can swing places like Tyndal, Eglin, Patrick, etc. Crap lets just open the field back in HI (A4's would like that), and Key West as our East and West Coast Master Jet Bases and call it a day.

I think Moody was nixed by the AF, something about them wanting to move A-10s back there? Dunno.

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Navy loses good locations because it actually listens to people who move in next to a jet base that was there before they were born and have the unmitigated gall to b!tch about the noise. I say we steal Beaufort and Miramar from the Marines.:D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
The Navy loses good locations because it actually listens to people who move in next to a jet base that was there before they were born and have the unmitigated gall to b!tch about the noise. I say we steal Beaufort and Miramar from the Marines.:D
Wasn't the Navy running a couple VFA squadrons out of Beaufort at one point? Ramp space issues at Oceana?

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Last time I checked ... (*BRAC*) ... Oceana has little going for it other than the fact that the concrete has already been poured.

Oh, and politics, of course.
:icon_rast