• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Centennial of Naval Aviation Kick Off San Diego

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
I'm flying out to SD to attend the North Island open house on Feb. 12. I was in SO CAL like 20 years ago with family but I was 6 and don't remember very much. I wanted to know if staying downtown (Embassy Suites) would allow me to stagger home Friday and Saturday night from whichever bar you guys recommend. It seems like PB is the recommended spot on the weekends and some also say that gaslamp district is fun but pricey. Any specific places to drink and check out the local women? I'll be there from Friday till Sunday. Trying to take a short weekend trip from reality and check out the celebration of my soon to be career.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Downtown hotels are certainly stumbling distance from gaslamp........more like taxi distance from PB or MB. Google SD and I'm sure you can figure out where the good locations are. Coronado, where I assume the displays will originate from, is also a bit distant by foot or car from downtown, so you would need a taxi back from there as well. As far as women, it's SD.....so pretty much anywhere, though all the places you mentioned have them in droves.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
You'd need to cab it from PB to downtown.

If you want drunk college girls in jeans, tank tops, and flip fops, go to PB. If you want drunk college girls in skirts or jeans and fancy shirts, and heels, go downtown/Gaslamp. (And in Downtown, just as the girls' outfits cost more, so will the drinks.)

flyboy

I'll have a rental car to get around, but a DUI would definitely screw up my future plans so I'll have to cab it. I think PB is more my style considering I'll be going by myself. Probably just find some surfer bar and try that buying drinks to take off clothing items suggestion. I thought the open house was more of an airshow but I guess it'll just be a flyover with an appearance by the Blues. After 18 inches of snow last night and blizzard conditions today...I'm ready for the beach!

flyboy

Understatement of the millennium.

Trust me....a $20 cab ride is completely worth it! I've seen the devastation of people getting DUI's living in a college town with people who AREN'T going to flight school. I can't imagine what it would do to a pilots career.

KBayDog

Trust me....a $20 cab ride is completely worth it! I can't imagine what it would do to a pilots career.

A $2000 cab ride would be worth it.

And yes, you can imagine what a DUI would do to a pilot's career...or any military member's career, for that matter. There is a "one strike" policy within the DoD for DUIs, and with the upcoming "rightsizing" (euphemism of the year) of the military, DUIs make it easy to trim unwanted manpower fat.

Alright, back to the Centennial thread.

flyboy

Anything else fun to do in San Diego besides stare at the little college girls in short skirts and tank tops? I think Sea World still gives military a free pass.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Anything else fun to do in San Diego besides stare at the little college girls in short skirts and tank tops? I think Sea World still gives military a free pass.

What else would you RATHER be doing? Just sayin... :p

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
If you want to play tourist, the zoo is also free to AD military.

I highly recommend eating Mexican food at various cheap Mexican restaurants. I miss San Diego. :cry

HueyHornet75

pilot
The Marina Marriott is nice...2 blocks from downtown, when you bring a lady there, I'm sure she might like the balcony. The Coronado Marriott is good too. There's a pretty hot blonde russian rickshaw driver who'll save you a $2000 cab ride and a DUI. PB Bar&Grill is a good place to get some good eye candy. Dude, it's San Diego...hotties everywhere. You really can't go wrong. Besides, wherever you go, just get a military rate and fill out the tax exempt form when you check in. Enjoy.

flyboy

What else would you RATHER be doing? Just sayin... :p

Otto...I will get my fix of the women for the days I am there. I was just trying to expand my thinking process beyond the slutty SD girls, but I don't think its working.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The Marina Marriott is nice...2 blocks from downtown, when you bring a lady there, I'm sure she might like the balcony. The Coronado Marriott is good too. There's a pretty hot blonde russian rickshaw driver who'll save you a $2000 cab ride and a DUI. PB Bar&Grill is a good place to get some good eye candy. Dude, it's San Diego...hotties everywhere. You really can't go wrong. Besides, wherever you go, just get a military rate and fill out the tax exempt form when you check in. Enjoy.

I've always wondered about job safety for those rickshaw chicks.....most of them are pretty good looking, and you have to imagine that they have to go to some pretty out of the way places late at night with drunk stupid dudes

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot

Doing more than just staring... silly question.