• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Centennial of Naval Aviation Kick Off San Diego

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I was trying to get on a T-45C cross country for it but ended up being on the stand-by list. Bummer.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'll be on the P-3 crew that does the flyby during the airshow. Don't know what else is planned though.

KBayDog

Cool. I'll be watching the airshow, beer(s) in hand, and looking for an AW San Dog beerfest afterwards.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm in on that action.

I'm more of a t-shirt and shorts guy, myself, so my vote is for PB. I went Downtown last weekend, and hangovers cost 50% less if you buy them in PB.

Plus, the whole, not being able to hear yourself think, not being able to sit down, and waiting 30 minutes to buy a $10 drink is way overrated.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm more of a t-shirt and shorts guy, myself, so my vote is for PB. I went Downtown last weekend, and hangovers cost 50% less if you buy them in PB.

Plus, the whole, not being able to hear yourself think, not being able to sit down, and waiting 30 minutes to buy a $10 drink is way overrated.

Completely agree........gaslamp is for cubicle bound homos who need to prove themselves with the green

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flyby

I'll be on the P-3 crew that does the flyby during the airshow. Don't know what else is planned though.

xj220 Inasmuch as you are in the flyby, can you tell us if Pt. Loma would be a good view of the event?

The Boys want to take me to see it, but I am "mobility challenged" (Oh screw the PC, I'm the f'in crippled ol' NA, wearing dirty, holed ol' overcoat, with gold wings pinned on, dog peeing on my ankle, selling short biplane rides for $10 at a raunchy, broken down airfield---from a cartoon in Preflight a half-century ago).:slaphappy

So as Coronado/NORIS & the MIDWAY Museum will be a traffic nightmare, we were trying to scope out an uncrowded view place.

If you find a place for us AWers to meet, post it here & we'll let you buy us a beer with your PER DIEM!!!:icon_smil
Hugs, BzB
P.S. Got some hilarious sea stories about P-3 & A-4 interaction in the '60s , 70s!

HuggyU2

None
I'll be there. Biggest flyover in the US since WWII is not something I want to miss.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Haha, don't joke about that. Honestly, I don't know what to expect with this airshow or what the best views are going to be, sorry. We really don't know what's going on either (typical). The last I heard is that we'll fly out of Whidbey, hold until they need us, and then we do our flyby and go back. Shouldn't be too hard but I'd kind of like to land and check it out, too. Either way, I'm pretty excited.