• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking in procedures

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
yea i'm definitely gonna go in my choker whites :icon_smil just so i can satisfy everyone here pulling my leg.
i'm really convinced that i need to go in my chokers. who likes wearing flightsuit or khakis anyway :D I think this thread can close now. i'm gonna show up to the pool in my chokers too. the question now is... should I wear my white gloves as well?

gator, yea it's just TAD (4 days) for aviation survival training. thanks for the tip on the Q.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
yea i'm definitely gonna go in my choker whites :icon_smil just so i can satisfy everyone here pulling my leg.
i'm really convinced that i need to go in my chokers. who likes wearing flightsuit or khakis anyway :D I think this thread can close now. i'm gonna show up to the pool in my chokers too. the question now is... should I wear my white gloves as well?

gator, yea it's just TAD (4 days) for aviation survival training. thanks for the tip on the Q.

Don't forget a sword too :icon_smil

CAMike

None
Contributor
someone else told me that i can check in wearing working whites or khakis... is that crazy?

NO. Chokers top with a thong is more commonly referred to as "Semi Formal" get it right Ens.

phrogpilot73

For all the other newbies coming up who didn't realize that we're pulling shotcalla's chain - word on the street from some Navy bud's is that what is generally acceptable for a check in to a new unit (think PCS, not TAD) is SDB's or Summer Whites.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
...generally acceptable for a check in to a new unit (think PCS, not TAD) is SDB's or Summer Whites.

Or khakis. I always ask ahead of time, but I've always been told khakis were fine. Depending on the command, even khakis can be too "formal."

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
Yes. But if you're a SWO and you do it... I'm sure there will be much hate and discontent. :D

sweet. i hate wearing black shoes with khakis. i'm still kind of in the aviation community so I guess i'm good to go. and i'm sure those leather jackets may serve me well in cold cold winters. i see it comin... callsign "poser"

badger16

None
sweet. i hate wearing black shoes with khakis. i'm still kind of in the aviation community so I guess i'm good to go. and i'm sure those leather jackets may serve me well in cold cold winters. i see it comin... callsign "poser"

Whatever you do, just make sure to wear an undershirt! :D:D;)

...ah memories....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously though.....is no t-shirt under khakis an O-6+ thing or what?
I think they're probably wearing V-necks . . . you know, the better to show off the chest hair like back when THEY were Ensigns . . . :icon_tong
SaturdayNightFever.jpg

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Isn't it a USNA thing too? I always see USNA guys rocking the V-necks. Why, especially since you have to wear crew neck on board ship?