• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Checking in procedures

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Isn't it a USNA thing too? I always see USNA guys rocking the V-necks. Why, especially since you have to wear crew neck on board ship?

Story I heard when I was a mid that a supe's wife way back in the day was tired of seeing shitty, stretched/worn-out crew necks so mrs. supe asked mr. supe to change it. Voila, mids now wear v-necks.

Whether that story is true or not I dunno, but then again one never can underestimate the power of an admiral's wife!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Seriously though.....is no t-shirt under khakis an O-6+ thing or what?

I'm too lazy to look up uniform regs, but someone I overheard, swore that an undershirt is actually not required. All I know is I've never even thought about rocking khakis sans undershirt.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Something tells me you would regret it after about 10 minutes of walking around outside here...

snake020

Contributor
Story I heard when I was a mid that a supe's wife way back in the day was tired of seeing shitty, stretched/worn-out crew necks so mrs. supe asked mr. supe to change it. Voila, mids now wear v-necks.

Whether that story is true or not I dunno, but then again one never can underestimate the power of an admiral's wife!

Actually the story goes that when McPeak was the air force chief of staff his wife thought v-necks with chest hair showing looked more manly, so he implemented the v-neck change for the air force uniforms which they still wear to this day.