• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Feel free to go into detail and further explain what you meant.

But your quote is very clear.

Did you mean something else?
I meant what I said within the context of the conversation, which is now lost several pages later.

If you're going to extrapolate that to 'all people' then you're making a generalization that I didn't say or even imply. What I did imply is that the problem is significant enough that it impacts the aggregate statistics.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is actually an instructive exercise, because there are lots of people out there who think like Spekkio. It's a very convenient way to shift the entire burden of discrimination back upon those that have suffered as an oppressed group. If only [insert minority] tried harder...

People who probably also feel this way:
Bill Barr
Ron DeSantis
Mitch McConnell
Brett Kavanaugh
Joel Osteen
Jim Jordan
Joe Arpaio
Rupert Murdoc
Mike Pompeo
Greg Abbott
Amy Coney Barrett
Mike Pence
etc... etc... etc...

Nope, no systemic racism here. It's no wonder that it's so hard to make any progress at all on these issues when the people holding the levers of power in government and the court system fundamentally misunderstand the problem.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
This is actually an instructive exercise, because there are lots of people out there who think like Spekkio. It's a very convenient way to shift the entire burden of discrimination back upon those that have suffered as an oppressed group. If only [insert minority] tried harder...
Nope, missing the point. Nothing to do with trying harder. Everything to do with peer pressure and cultural influences within the sub-group being more powerful than people outside the sub-group.

Related topic: women's behavior is significantly more influenced by the judgment of other women than the judgment of men.

nodropinufaka

Bill Barr
Ron DeSantis
Mitch McConnell
Brett Kavanaugh
Joel Osteen
Jim Jordan
Joe Arpaio
Rupert Murdoc
Mike Pompeo
Greg Abbott
Amy Coney Barrett
Mike Pence
etc... etc... etc...

Nope, no systemic racism here. It's no wonder that it's so hard to make any progress at all on these issues when the people holding the levers of power in government and the court system fundamentally misunderstand the problem.

Excellent and well said.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

Bill Barr
Ron DeSantis
Mitch McConnell
Brett Kavanaugh
Joel Osteen
Jim Jordan
Joe Arpaio
Rupert Murdoc
Mike Pompeo
Greg Abbott
Amy Coney Barrett
Mike Pence
etc... etc... etc...

Conservatives are racists, guys. That’s why deep blue areas are such shining beacons of racial equality.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I’m pretty conservative. I agree with a lot of what the “liberals” are saying in this thread. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

Not cool to just list off a bunch of names and accuse them of being racist without one iota of proof. Or you know, having ever interacted with them.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’m pretty conservative. I agree with a lot of what the “liberals” are saying in this thread. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

Not cool to just list off a bunch of names and accuse them of being racist without one iota of proof. Or you know, having ever interacted with them.
I didn't say they were racist. I said they fundamentally misunderstand the problem.