• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'm always confused when people throw around platitudes like, "I want all races treated exactly the same," but then rant and rave about college admissions policies that seek to do exactly that by ensuring that the (often overwhelming) inequities that many minority applicants face are appropriately weighted into the admissions calculus.

Do you want people treated equally from within an immutable, pre-existing framework of racial injustice? Or do you want people treated equally in earnest?
I’m the guy that wants people treated equally without regard to their skin color. You must be the other guy.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do you want people treated equally from within an immutable, pre-existing framework of racial injustice? Or do you want people treated equally in earnest?
You cannot have the latter without considering the effect of the former upon it. American society doesn’t become tabula rosa simply because someone proclaims that equality is now in effect.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Read it, and this person isn’t teaching CRT…not even close. This person is teaching an honest, open form of historical dialogue that confronts the difficult realities of our shared history free of the typical “red, white, and blue” sentiment. I did the same in the classroom. But what Dr. Garcia is describing is hardly CRT it’s like saying “I teach my students that 2+2=4 and from that they learn particle physics.”

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I'm always confused when people throw around platitudes like, "I want all races treated exactly the same," but then rant and rave about college admissions policies that seek to do exactly that by ensuring that the (often overwhelming) inequities that many minority applicants face are appropriately weighted into the admissions calculus.

Your use of the word “immutable” in the context of your sentence begs the question…in what field are you pursuing a doctorate? I ask because if you pulled some garbage philosophy like that at your dissertation defense I’d send you packing.

taxi1

pilot
I'm always confused when people throw around platitudes like, "I want all races treated exactly the same,"

img_1945-copy-jpg.31442

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Psst, you have to read all the way to the bottom of the (3-sentence) post and specify which of the "I want people treated equally" guys you are, exactly.
Psst, I may be using your post to make a point that isn't necessarily directed toward you.

taxi1

pilot
Just as dumb as the last time it was posted.
For example, in the Tulsa massacre of black folks by white folks, about 10,000 Black people were left homeless, and property damage amounted to more than $1.5 million in real estate and $750,000 in personal property (equivalent to $32.65 million in 2020). Losses included 191 businesses, a junior high school, several churches, and the only hospital in the district. The Red Cross reported that 1,256 houses were burned...A group of influential White developers persuaded the city to pass a fire ordinance that would have prohibited many Black people from rebuilding in Greenwood...etc.

That's a lot of wealth not passed down to their children and their children's children.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
For example, in the Tulsa massacre of black folks by white folks, about 10,000 Black people were left homeless, and property damage amounted to more than $1.5 million in real estate and $750,000 in personal property (equivalent to $32.65 million in 2020). Losses included 191 businesses, a junior high school, several churches, and the only hospital in the district. The Red Cross reported that 1,256 houses were burned...A group of influential White developers persuaded the city to pass a fire ordinance that would have prohibited many Black people from rebuilding in Greenwood...etc.

That's a lot of wealth not passed down to their children and their children's children.
Bummer. Your stupid post depicted a white person climbing on a black person’s back. How does that apply to someone whose family immigrated after the civil war? Whose parents were the first in their families to go to college? Whose grandparents worked in coal mines?

Even if none of that applies, how is a person today responsible for something they didn’t do?

nodropinufaka

Bummer. Your stupid post depicted a white person climbing on a black person’s back. How does that apply to someone whose family immigrated after the civil war? Whose parents were the first in their families to go to college? Whose grandparents worked in coal mines?

Even if none of that applies, how is a person today responsible for something they didn’t do?
You do realize when the civil rights act was enacted and when brown v board of education was ruled?

Even the coal mine workers and non educated whites had the upper hand on blacks. Cause at least white people got hired in the coal mines. Blacks were left for less then that.

It’s more then ok to accept others had a better deal.