• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Columbian Hostages Rescued in daring operation

Zissou

Banned
Colombia frees Betancourt, Americans

5 minutes ago
Report out of Colombia is claiming that former presidential candidate Ingrid Betancourt, three Americans (military contractors) and 11 other hostages have been freed from their leftist rebels without injury according to Columbian Defense Minister Juan Manuel Santos. Santos reported Columbian commandos surprised the guards watching the hostages and persuaded them to release them without loss of life.

Zissou

Banned
Three American citizens have been recovered and positively identified by the US Embassy...

Awesome!

B

bacardi00185

I apologize for the duplicate post. Absolutely the greatest of news. Having also just spoken with my grandparents in Colombia the people are celebrating in the streets. They are thrilled that yet another devastating blow has been send to the FARC.

Here's to the Three Americans.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I apologize for the duplicate post....
No need -- it's SOP around here when two competing posts collide. The earlier one gets top billing. In any case, a guy w/ "bacardi" in his name/callsign can't be all bad. :)

And GREAT news for our guys and our allies & friends.

"Keep the faith" is ALWAYS the "right" answer.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Three American citizens have been recovered and positively identified by the US Embassy...

Awesome!
John McCain makes a mere appearance in Colombia and he scares leftist thugs into releasing Americans. ;) Think what he will accomplish as Presidente. :D

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
John McCain makes a mere appearance in Columbia and he scares leftist thugs into releasing Americans. ;) Think what he will accomplish as Presidente. :D

Ahh man, here comes the political argument...:confused:

It's awesome they got those guys/gals out. You gotta love a story with some ninja, guerrilla capturing, hostage releasing, in the jungle stuff!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
John McCain makes a mere appearance in Columbia and he scares leftist thugs into releasing Americans. ;) Think what he will accomplish as Presidente. :D
Your observation ALMOST reminds me of the effect a former Hollywood actor moving into the White House had on the fate of some hostages in Tehran ....

Naaaaaaaaaaaah. Nothing to look at here ... :)

p.s. ... all politics will be moved to the Obama vs. McCain thread. :sleep_125

Zissou

Banned

When he gave them his list of concerns, our POW's got top billing from what I've been told here.

B

bacardi00185

I believe this is a prime example of what a strong President committed to eradicating his country of terrorist is capable of doing. Since his election President Uribe has dealt the FARC numerous blows the most serious of which coming in the last six months. Now he has taken away there prized hostages. As one of the strongest democracies in South America, Colombia has benefited from its alliance with the U.S. and is now in a position to take the country back from the FARC, ELN, and the paramilitaries who have waged civil war for over 60 years.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I believe this is a prime example of what a strong President committed to eradicating his country of terrorist is capable of doing. Since his election President Uribe has dealt the FARC numerous blows the most serious of which coming in the last six months. .

Having a 800 pound gorilla backing you certainly doesn't hurt, either. Especially a well funded gorilla.

This whole thing motivates me to see if my SIPR is still working. I'm convinced there's more to this than being reported.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
Superb operation and great news indeed!

Indeed! I was reading this BBC Article about the rescue and it really sounds like something out of a movie. I wonder what will become of FARC after this; not only are some serious bargaining chips lost, but the knowledge that the highest echelon of FARC leadership was infiltrated has to cause some commotion.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Indeed! I was reading this BBC Article about the rescue and it really sounds like something out of a movie. I wonder what will become of FARC after this; not only are some serious bargaining chips lost, but the knowledge that the highest echelon of FARC leadership was infiltrated has to cause some commotion.
I bet Hollywood writers are scrambling to write this one...right now!....sounds like an awesome operation. The fate of the Americans has been up in the air for so long, it is nice to see that the FARC were dealt a blow......they are however no doubt very pissed and will find replacement hostages.