• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

D

Deleted member 24525

On Thursday, President Donald Trump noted the country was "paying heavily" for its decision. "Despite reports to the contrary, Sweden is paying heavily for its decision not to lockdown. As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443). The United States made the correct decision!," Trump said in a post Thursday morning on his official Twitter account

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
On Thursday, President Donald Trump noted the country was "paying heavily" for its decision. "Despite reports to the contrary, Sweden is paying heavily for its decision not to lockdown. As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443). The United States made the correct decision!," Trump said in a post Thursday morning on his official Twitter account

This article confirms what Trump is saying. Sweden has the 6th highest death rate. I’m not sure what your post is getting at? Sweden only has 10 million people.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
If Sweden achieves herd immunity in the coming weeks as some are predicting they may look like geniuses as other countries stay locked down, tank their economies, and still have longer to go before it’s over.

jackjack

That's so far. I read Herd immunity is about 60-80%, so 6-8M need to be infected, With a death rate of about 1%. That is 60-80k deaths. With 2.5k dead so far. They have a ways to go. Perhaps a 'kiss a stranger day', may speed it up.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Regarding Sweden's strategy, "flatten the curve" is a way of trying to explain a calculus concept in a way that is understandable for people who think math and science is hard.

Unfortunately for the media, math and science is really really hard, even with pictures. I don't think the talking heads grasp what the different variables actually mean, never mind what any diagrams mean much more than, "Oh this one is bigger than that one. Let's find some scary music to go with it."

jackjack

It is so many different stories and opinions on what's best. I'm just grateful for my state's actions. We haven't had a case for 10 days and are lifting the restrictions. We are going back to normal on May 21st.

jackjack

Some peoples ridiculous, is anothers sensible. We still have stuff to put in place. We will need to be able to chase down any spot fires. Not everyone can be Sweden, we had 4 deaths.