• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

D

Deleted member 24525

Globally, in the last flu sweep (17/18) over 650,000 people died. We are at about 230,000 thus far in this one. According to WHO, the average flu season knocks off about 200,000 to 500,000 people globally each year. Another interesting stat...there have been over 19 million deaths this year alone from other causes.

Looks like we were meant to last for ever.

in the US it was 61k flu deaths last season.

taxi1

pilot
We’ve had discussions in here about classifications of CIVID deaths possibly being inflated.

Example of under-reporting. It will only grow as the death certificates come in (there's a time delay).
EWxDHMgWoAwZdZw

EWxDHkzXYAAIN9X

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But people still did it. Because people are idiots.
Really? I heard reports on national news of two specific poison control hotlines having calls spike over 30% for ingestion of bleach after Trump's comments. BUT, no spikes in hospitalizations over last two years. I call Bull Shit. You drink bleach you ARE going to the hospital and we would get detailed reporting with some celebrity pinning it on Trump. I think it is obvious, prank calls went up.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Frankly, I'd have to search myself. I don't save that stuff.

I get that, but its not going to help your credibility.

It is clear that in this thread if it isn't a university double blind study authorized by a Harvard PhD or MD it is laughable. And God help you if the link came from anywhere but the NYT, CNN, or PBS.

This is what I have a problem with.
I want I hear good news. I'm not rooting for the virus. Preliminary results from people who know how to do studies would be great. I don't care what institution it is from. Applying some questioning of the source of information is an important part of reading news, or just life in general.

The plural of anecdote is not data. The comments you have made have not shown that you understand the difference.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I thought you were smart enough to know that the people who make policy decisions for hospitals don't see patients.

I don't think it matters who you are calling "fuckers". You called people who are trying to protect visitors "fuckers". Just...WOW.

SlickAg

pilot

I want I hear good news. I'm not rooting for the virus. Preliminary results from people who know how to do studies would be great. I don't care what institution it is from. Applying some questioning of the source of information is an important part of reading news, or just life in general.

The plural of anecdote is not data. The comments you have made have not shown that you understand the difference.
Go ahead and translate this for us. I’m pretty sure it’ll say 61% of those tested have antibodies.

SlickAg

pilot
We’ve had discussions in here about classifications of CIVID deaths possibly being inflated. Some in here don’t believe it. But consider this: for every COVID patient a hospital takes in and treats, the hospital receives $13,000. For every COVID patient that ends up on a ventilator, the hospital receives $39,000. Would it not be in the best interest of the hospital to liberally classify patients as COVID patients to get more funding? Do you really think that hospitals aren’t pressuring doctors to classify as many treatments and deaths as COVID related? Especially in a time when hospitals are going bankrupt and laying off employees because they are losing so much revenue by not performing elective surgeries? If you don’t think hospitals are watching out for their own bottom line, you’re naive.

It’s the Daily Wire so some will be disinclined to believe it but some interesting interviews from funeral home directors.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

So, I get that this is just the internet, but really, my credibility hinges on making it easy for someone to research and come to their own conclusions? Does someone that posts links to lies making it easy for others have more credibility than me? Or do you think I made this up?

And you prove my point . You insult my intelligence by suggesting I don't know the relationship between anecdote and data, notwithstanding, strictly speaking, anecdotes can be data. But maybe you meant scientific evidence. OK. What in hell made you think I find multiple anecdotes is scientific evidence.

SlickAg

pilot
Project Veritas, because telling the truth should never get in the way of a good story. I guess they didn't talk to this funeral home director:

Were you intent on posting that somehow and decided my post was a good segue?

Because we were talking about the padding of covid deaths and that was talking about something bad but definitely different. But thank you for proving my point that I made about individuals who focus on source instead of content.

And yes, I also read that article today. Not a good look.