• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CUBI CAT is BA-A-A-ACK ??

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Today-

Marked where we need to dig, PW is coming to mark/check utilities. Digging for the landing pond will begin Wednesday as long as there are no site engineering issues.

I'd be more than happy to help with any part of the construction if you need it, just let me know!

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
So master this is what you do all day on RDO, plan out the cat. And here I thought you just try and wave me off.

MasterBates

If anyone in Krock has shovels I can borrow, and some scrap plywood to make the forms out of, it will help save some coin on the budget. I'm OK with masonry work, but if any local AW bubbas are more skilled than I, please step forward.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
If anyone in Krock has shovels I can borrow, and some scrap plywood to make the forms out of, it will help save some coin on the budget. I'm OK with masonry work, but if any local AW bubbas are more skilled than I, please step forward.
If the ICO (Installation Commanding Officer) has already bought off on the idea (which I'm gonna go ahead and say he has, otherwise you would never have gotten this far); you may try convincing him that there is "training value" to be had by the local SeaBees. If there is not a CBMU on K-ville, there is definitely one in the Region.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If the ICO (Installation Commanding Officer) has already bought off on the idea (which I'm gonna go ahead and say he has, otherwise you would never have gotten this far); you may try convincing him that there is "training value" to be had by the local SeaBees. If there is not a CBMU on K-ville, there is definitely one in the Region.

That might be crossing the lines. Not sure....but it may be too close to call.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Scoob

pilot
Contributor
Nope, just checked. No CBMU local. CBMU is tied to Public Works and therefore is under the control of the ICO. Closest Seabee unit is an NMCB in Ft. Worth.

And, no, its not crossing a line. We have several MWR facilities that have been constructed by the local CBMU - several picnic pavilions and an outdoor theater. The K-Rock club (where I'm assuming the Cat is being located) should be an MWR facility. If the idea of the Cat itself made it through the screening process, use of SeaBees for legitimate masonry training shouldn't be out of line.

Of course, there's also the very real possibility of finding a SeaBee who will help in his free time for "liquid compensation".

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... Closest Seabee unit is an NMCB in Ft. Worth.

And, no, its not crossing a line. We have several MWR facilities that have been constructed by the local CBMU ....
That's an affirmative -- as @ 15-20 years ago, I enlisted the services of the base SEABEE's to construct the tennis courts @ the local HS when I was on the tennis court "committee". The SEABEE's donated their time and some of the materials for the common good which saved the loco's many thousands of $$$.

Scoob

pilot
Contributor
Last couple CEC types were ENS's that could be bribed with a simulator or backseat ride.
I'm not digging on the CEC - it's just that CEC or Civ contract, neither one of them writes the building code.

Besides, you want to find yourself a BUC, not a CEC.

MasterBates

The construction is being documented. I'd rather have it up and working than the current collection of parts sitting in my living room and on the O'Club patio when they come to look at it.