• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CUBI CAT is BA-A-A-ACK ??

MasterBates

Will have pictures up from the first day's digging after dinner.

Tomorrow, 1430-1800 dig time. I got a sim at 1930, so I need to knock off at 1800.

*yes, I am "flying" again.

MasterBates

Before digging
l_c732496b59be1797c91e0f8c8b81f79c.jpg

After
l_1c2f28d59d2defffed892179a169fd1b.jpg

1st shovel
l_5de30a482e79f36ddb94697933d514a2.jpg

Slave.. Oops I mean SNA labor. Couple AW regulars in the pic.
l_b949f4553d927e706d701e5ed6884d88.jpg

Not really this deep yet.
l_ae4e72fa8b5e45ec3615398b7da0fc51.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sooooo this will also double as the K-Ville O'Club Pool .... ??? :D

Where the hell IS the pool, anyway?? I was down there in '05 and I don't remember any swimming pool. As in where we all ended up during our Winging ceremony??

I think the old O'Club building
is now extinct ... ??? The "real one" --- the one that used to have the pool, bar, restaurant and first generation Space Invaders (or something similar) game/machine ??

It used to crack us up when some class was Winging -- very solemn -- and then at the moment of truth when Mom or someone similar was pinning on the Wings -- out of the bar would come the "wail" of whatever that game was getting fired up as the early divisions/sections of drunks arrived. :D

Many frowns from the heavies directed in the general direction of the bar and circling drunks -- but no one shut ever it down.

cisforsmasher

pilot
Just out of curiosity, how much would it have been to rent a backhoe?

Something about unknown utilities in the area blah, blah, blah... stopped paying attention to what Master was saying as he cracked the whip on us. He had quite an evil grin as he took chunks of flesh out of my back.

MasterBates

A4s,

The old O-Club was torn down 5-10 years ago, condemned like most wooden buildings here. (base HQ, Chapel, O-Club, old wing HQ). The pool is still there, but never open. The community pool is behind the gym on a little man made hill next to 17R.

I am often one of the "noisy drunks" when something is going on in the ballroom across the hall.

The current club used to be the E-club, but with the outsourcing of 95% of the Enlisted jobs here to contractors, and the condemnation of the O-club, it became the "All hand club" but gets mostly referred to as the O-Club or occasionally K-Bar.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....(w/) the condemnation of the O-club, it became the "All hand club" but gets mostly referred to as the O-Club or occasionally K-Bar.

I HATE "All Hands'" bars/clubs. It's one thing when you are deployed and go with or bump into the boys in town ... it's quite another when you just want to let your hair down -- either Officer OR E-Man style -- and do it "privately".

Pearl has been ruined by this "improvement", just to name one former O'Club bar that used to be worth the effort.

MasterBates

It's not too bad here, with 300ish officers in the wing, and less than 100 enlisted on the base.

I do wish it were "separate" and don't like the all hands club idea, but I will take what I can get here.

brownshoe

Contributor

... it's quite another when you just want to let your hair down -- either Officer OR E-Man style -- and do it "privately".

Agreed… there was a few times when I’d sidled up to the bar at the “EM” club to find my tab would be taken care of by a grateful “O” in my squadron. (Meant something.) But yep… sometimes you just wanted to let your hair down.

Steve