• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CY 2011 DCO IW/IP/Intel boards: discussion and speculation

Paul Robichaux

Thanks to das and mrcuento for the ongoing gouge-- very helpful.

My package is all together; I finally got the written copies of my prior-enlisted fitreps, which was the last thing I was missing. The processor at NRD SF called today with a minor question, but apart from that looks like the package will go in for this board.

Last week I had my board interview with three officers: an O-6 intel, an O-5 IW, and an O-4 IP. As has been discussed here before, the board interview is really important. My board was very professional and straightforward, with no trick questions or drama. They did ask some questions about whether I understood what reserve IPs and IWs do, and that was a weak area for me, so I hope that doesn't drag my chances down too far.

Good luck to all! I'll be waiting by the mailbox if you need me :)

Devil Duck

Any comparison to a Jen Jeong character cannot be bad.

As an aside, you'll learn as much or more at DCO from your classmates than you will from the class chiefs. Undoubtedly, you're class will have a crusty LDO/CWO with a wealth of experience.

PapaK

My very best wishes to everyone facing the selection board in the next couple of weeks. Bravo Zulu for embarking on this worthy quest. Fair winds and following seas to you all.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Good luck to everyone next week.

On a side note, how many people here are going for an IP slot for this board?

kahmon

Greetings,
I'm thinking of putting a package together for the next selection board. Can someone recommend a good recruiter in the DC/MD/VA area?
Apologies if this has been asked&answered, but any recent recommendations/experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and thanks to all who have posted their experiences. Very helpful.

das

Contributor
Well folks, the board has convened as of today...best of luck to all of those who have a package in. You'll have the results soon (hopefully late this week, or early next week at the latest). Again, best of luck!

ojhendrix

I was actually wondering about that. How soon after the board gets together this week will we hear some results? Ive heard different things from everyone. Anyone with previous experience care to share the time frame with us? Im still aslo wondering how many applicants they have vs how many spots they need to fill. Good Luck everyone!!

das

Contributor
This is what I can tell you on the basis of what happened at the last three boards. Each of the boards was usually finished by Thursday, and the results are known as soon as the board is complete. However, it can take a day or two for this information to get to Navy Recruiting Command, which then inputs it into the system where recruiters can access it. Each of the last three boards, people were beginning to find out by the Friday of the week the board met. However, some peoples' recruiters claimed they still didn't have the info a couple of weeks later, or that it "takes a while" for the board to make its decision. For DCO boards, this is false...as soon as the board is done, the results are out (and usually available to recruiters via some method after a day or so, though it could be longer).

The best rule of thumb is that you'll usually see someone, somewhere (probably here on AW) say they got word one way or the other. Once that happens, I would recommend giving your recruiter a shout and saying you understand that results are available for this board, then just let the process happen. Even if you are non-select, you should still hear from your recruiter!

This board is expected to select 6 IP, 7 IW, and 25-30 INTEL. I don't have any word on the number of applicants, but based on previous boards, around 200 is a good range to consider.

ojhendrix

Thanks Das, you are always so very informative. An girl in my reserve unit picked up ensign via DCO nurse corps this past week. Im so envious of her. Cant wait for that day to come! Its almost as if they have it a little easier than we do!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Like someone said before, "If everyone could get into our field, would you want to get in as much?" It is a long hard effort for many people and when they get their selection it feels that much better.