• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

exNavyOffRec

Please what constitutes a poor interview: poor appraisal comments or scores less than 9/10?

I'm asking because I had a very good interview with my panel. One of the panelists, a CDR, wrote great things on the appraisal comment section -- he actually wrote stuff like "top-notch candidate" and "select now!", but he gave me an 8. So far I have 10 and 8; still waiting on a third score.

My other questions are ...
- Does the selection board read comments or do they automatically toss apps with scores less that 9/10?
- I've heard of someone that had 8,7,7 and still got selected. How common is this?

Any insight would be appreciated.
I have seen both, a 10 given but then in the narrative wording is used like "given some experience XXX could be a good leader" or a good write-up but then they are given an 8.

The write-up with the OIC will carry the most weight, if the CDR was the OIC an 8 won't look too good especially if he gave 10's to other candidates.

It depends on the board and what they want to do, as far as the cuts, with the cap on submissions odds are they are reading more than they did before.

There have been many "I heard of" stories but no one seems to really know the person, anything is possible however if you don't have 10's or 9's your chances really start going down. I would say that again with the cap on the applicants per board this has adjusted some things, and it is now possible for a person with less than 10 to get picked. Several years ago anything less than a 10 would mean try again next board.

RJS

Please what constitutes a poor interview: poor appraisal comments or scores less than 9/10?

I'm asking because I had a very good interview with my panel. One of the panelists, a CDR, wrote great things on the appraisal comment section -- he actually wrote stuff like "top-notch candidate" and "select now!", but he gave me an 8. So far I have 10 and 8; still waiting on a third score.

My other questions are ...
- Does the selection board read comments or do they automatically toss apps with scores less that 9/10?
- I've heard of someone that had 8,7,7 and still got selected. How common is this?

Any insight would be appreciated.
GM chulorens. This is in response to gaining information on your scores.

How did come about getting your interview scores? I asked my recruiter and he said that he could not disclose the information on the interviews. Is this a personal decision or is something instructed by recruiting districts?

Note: I have not intentions on hassling my recruiter for these scores since a decision not to share them has been made.

piratesfootball

How did come about getting your interview scores? I asked my recruiter and he said that he could not disclose the information on the interviews. Is this a personal decision or is something instructed by recruiting districts?

Note: I have not intentions on hassling my recruiter for these scores since a decision not to share them has been made.
First time applicant myself, and first time posting here.

Had the same experience as RJS, was told I wouldn’t see the interview scores by my recruiter.

Appreciate all the knowledge shared here, and good luck to everyone applying this year.

TheClyde

My recruiter verbally shared scores and some of the comments on the appraisal. I was never shown the actual form.

RJS

First time applicant myself, and first time posting here.

Had the same experience as RJS, was told I wouldn’t see the interview scores by my recruiter.

Appreciate all the knowledge shared here, and good luck to everyone applying this year.
I'm not exactly sure if this is something commonly done but understand its purpose. This is in reference to how civilian interviews are conducted as no information would be shared afterwards. It's how I look at it anyway. Good luck to you as well.

My recruiter verbally shared scores and some of the comments on the appraisal. I was never shown the actual form.
I don't believe there are ever any intentions to show the form. I just asked if the appraisals were favorable and he did not want to share anything. It's okay. Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be. Good luck to you.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm not exactly sure if this is something commonly done but understand its purpose. This is in reference to how civilian interviews are conducted as no information would be shared afterwards. It's how I look at it anyway. Good luck to you as well.

I don't believe there are ever any intentions to show the form. I just asked if the appraisals were favorable and he did not want to share anything. It's okay. Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be. Good luck to you.

I never shared interview sheets or letters of rec with applicants, whether good or bad.

The recruiting instruction prohibits applicants from seeing LORs and I think interview sheets as well, but that’s not to say it still happens.

RJS

I never shared interview sheets or letters of rec with applicants, whether good or bad.

The recruiting instruction prohibits applicants from seeing LORs and I think interview sheets as well, but that’s not to say it still happens.
Understood. When applied for OCS about 10 years ago, I saw the appraisals, and letters of rec after having forwarded to the recruiter. Now that I look back at it, I don't think that was a good idea. May have even created the tension between the recruiter and I. Water under the bridge because he and I are good friends.

crazed

I have seen both, a 10 given but then in the narrative wording is used like "given some experience XXX could be a good leader" or a good write-up but then they are given an 8.

The write-up with the OIC will carry the most weight, if the CDR was the OIC an 8 won't look too good especially if he gave 10's to other candidates.

It depends on the board and what they want to do, as far as the cuts, with the cap on submissions odds are they are reading more than they did before.

There have been many "I heard of" stories but no one seems to really know the person, anything is possible however if you don't have 10's or 9's your chances really start going down. I would say that again with the cap on the applicants per board this has adjusted some things, and it is now possible for a person with less than 10 to get picked. Several years ago anything less than a 10 would mean try again next board.
@exNavyOffRec Thank for the insight. I just have to keep my fingers crossed.

crazed

@RJS my OR read some excerpts to me over the phone.

exNavyOffRec

Understood. When applied for OCS about 10 years ago, I saw the appraisals, and letters of rec after having forwarded to the recruiter. Now that I look back at it, I don't think that was a good idea. May have even created the tension between the recruiter and I. Water under the bridge because he and I are good friends.
DCO does panel interviews in most cases so often those sheets go right to the recruiter, when talking about OCS it wasn't uncommon for a person doing a LOR to cc the applicant when sending to me or to give the applicant a copy, now if it went right to me I wouldn't disclose the info to the applicant.

Reactions: RJS

number9

Contributor

My recruiter would not disclose them to me. I remember reading gouge on here that if you did quite badly, your recruiter will give you feedback quickly so that you can work on weaknesses and improve for the next board. But that was it.

After I got the call saying I was selected, I jokingly said to my OR "boy I wish you gave me my scores after the interview". He laughed and said that as soon as he saw my write-up, I was going to be just fine. It would have taken some stress out of the equation, though...

Reactions: RJS

RJS

My recruiter would not disclose them to me. I remember reading gouge on here that if you did quite badly, your recruiter will give you feedback quickly so that you can work on weaknesses and improve for the next board. But that was it.

After I got the call saying I was selected, I jokingly said to my OR "boy I wish you gave me my scores after the interview". He laughed and said that as soon as he saw my write-up, I was going to be just fine. It would have taken some stress out of the equation, though...
Because I had been seeing others being provided feedback, I had assumed that I would be able to gather information regarding the interview appraisals. In reference to your comment about the recruiter informing you of bad scores, I would like to say that I hope that’s the case and the appraisals are great.

Ha! Because it sure is. It is something I think about at least once each day while trying to refrain from searching YouTube for DCO gouge, experiences, and graduations. Personally, I would like the experience to be just that: an experience.

number9

Contributor
Because I had been seeing others being provided feedback, I had assumed that I would be able to gather information regarding the interview appraisals. In reference to your comment about the recruiter informing you of bad scores, I would like to say that I hope that’s the case and the appraisals are great.

Ha! Because it sure is. It is something I think about at least once each day while trying to refrain from searching YouTube for DCO gouge, experiences, and graduations. Personally, I would like the experience to be just that: an experience.
I should add that I applied for IWC, not SUPPLY! My bad; I forgot which thread I was in. :oops:

crazed

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone submitted a package with an age waiver, and if this caused any problem with the NRC. I have been told that the NRC processors are rejecting packages with an age waiver (and other non-medical waivers) in it. Can the recruiters here enlighten us more on this?