• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

piratesfootball

I already have the waiver. But the processors are refusing to push my application. Is this even allowed?
Sorry to ask such a simple question but have you checked to ensure it’s not something as simple as requiring an ink signature vs electronic or other admin correction? I had some forms kicked back that were signed electronically and needed a wet signature

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I already have the waiver. But the processors are refusing to push my application. Is this even allowed?
It’s possible the NRD attempted to submit a waiver… but didn’t have an approved waiver.

Also, the program authorization is cut and dry. If you’re not prior service and over 42, you’re not eligible.

TheClyde

It’s possible the NRD attempted to submit a waiver… but didn’t have an approved waiver.

Also, the program authorization is cut and dry. If you’re not prior service and over 42, you’re not eligible.
The HR DCO PA has the exact same wording and I'm pretty sure Reince Priebus didn't have any prior service when he commissioned at 47.

We have a 44 year old in last year's Supply class, I don't believe he has prior service either.

exNavyOffRec

The HR DCO PA has the exact same wording and I'm pretty sure Reince Priebus didn't have any prior service when he commissioned at 47.

We have a 44 year old in last year's Supply class, I don't believe he has prior service either.
Some of the old PA's were worded different and the 2 PA's you referenced were changed recently, HR in 2019 April 2019 and Supply just 3 months ago, and so the wording may have changed such that it doesn't allow that flexibility. The other thing is NRC can or cannot be flexible depending on what is going on. If a person meets the PA they really can't stop them, but if they don't then they can stop it.

RJS

Some of the old PA's were worded different and the 2 PA's you referenced were changed recently, HR in 2019 April 2019 and Supply just 3 months ago, and so the wording may have changed such that it doesn't allow that flexibility. The other thing is NRC can or cannot be flexible depending on what is going on. If a person meets the PA they really can't stop them, but if they don't then they can stop it.
I've never looked at like that. Though I am not the person experiencing this, I do have a question. Even if an applicant has an age waiver, and is at the top of the age requirement (42), NRC can still deny the application from going to the board? I'm just curious.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Reince Priebus was able to apply under a previous HR DCO PA that allowed age waivers for non prior service.

The PA changed after he submitted his application.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I've never looked at like that. Though I am not the person experiencing this, I do have a question. Even if an applicant has an age waiver, and is at the top of the age requirement (42), NRC can still deny the application from going to the board? I'm just curious.

If the applicant meets the PA, has an approved waiver (if applicable), is medically qualified, AND the respective program isn’t closed for applications… then CNRC can’t deny applications.

If an applicant doesn’t meet all the criteria above… then yes the application can’t be forwarded to the board.

TheClyde

For Supply DCO's...during the time period between commissioning and completion of BQC-NR, were you going into the NOSC to drill every drill weekend that you weren't in Newport? Trying to get a feel for what the normal expectation is.

Rudy.30

For Supply DCO's...during the time period between commissioning and completion of BQC-NR, were you going into the NOSC to drill every drill weekend that you weren't in Newport? Trying to get a feel for what the normal expectation is.
Yes. You should drill with a Supply unit that is closest to your house.

Rudy.30

Thanks @Rudy.30
What are you typically doing with the unit during drill weekend (beyond any general Navy admin stuff), particularly since as I understand it you don't hold a billet.
They are not supposed to task you with work as your priority is getting to ODS your 1st year and BQC after that. However if you want to help out you can. What work is available will depend on the unit you get attached to. I can only speak to a NCHB unit which is higher opt tempo and had plenty of things I could do if I choose to. DLA and FLC units might be different. Do you know where you are going yet?

TheClyde

They are not supposed to task you with work as your priority is getting to ODS your 1st year and BQC after that. However if you want to help out you can. What work is available will depend on the unit you get attached to. I can only speak to a NCHB unit which is higher opt tempo and had plenty of things I could do if I choose to. DLA and FLC units might be different. Do you know where you are going yet?
Makes sense. Just had my first drill weekend last month, not sure what unit I'll be with.