• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all, Just wondering if anyone submitted a package with an age waiver, and if this caused any problem with the NRC. I have been told that the NRC processors are rejecting packages with an age waiver (and other non-medical waivers) in it. Can the recruiters here enlighten us more on this?

Without knowing your specific background kindly suggest you talk to your DCO recruiter.

crazed

The confusion may have been applicants who have aged out… who aren’t eligible for an age waiver.
I have an age waiver. My OR said that the NRC processors is making reference to this number 5 (on page 2) of this attached document which reads "Waiver: Not applicable". Could you please take a look at the attached document?

Attachments

• PA-202_Supply_Corps_(SC)_Reserve_Commissioning_Program_Jul-2019.pdf
    789.7 KB · Views: 18

RJS

I have an age waiver. My OR said that the NRC processors is making reference to this number 5 (on page 2) of this attached document which reads "Waiver: Not applicable". Could you please take a look at the attached document?
I believe your recruiter is the only person that can provide clarification to this. Quick question: Was your waiver approved before submission to the boards? It's always good to have approvals before submission of your package. I had 2 waivers submitted and approved before application submission.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Lemwolf

Not sure if this is or would be a problem, my recruiter didnt say my waiver would not be approved. This is my second submission, I too am 42 years of age. I have put alot into this second submission, with awards I earned from missions and required certs needed for the community etc. Dont worry about the age waiver requirement so much, your recruiter should know if it is a big deal or not. I know a guy that submitted to the board 5 times and he was older than us, hopefully it wont take me or you that long to get picked up. Stay positive..

exNavyOffRec

I would talk to your recruiter and find out if the processors have been giving additional guidance, maybe they have?

crazed

I believe your recruiter is the only person that can provide clarification to this. Quick question: Was your waiver approved before submission to the boards? It's always good to have approvals before submission of your package. I had 2 waivers submitted and approved before application submission.
My waiver was approved before the submission

RJS

I read it but I don't quite understand what this part means: "Prior qualifying service will be considered for year-for-year credit up to age 52." Could you please help me with an explanation?
Prior service is in reference to those who have 10 years of qualifying military service. Those 10 years are added to the age of 42; allowing those who have served submission at age 52.

crazed

@RJS Did you have age waiver? Do you have prior service?

crazed

Prior service is in reference to those who have 10 years of qualifying military service. Those 10 years are added to the age of 42; allowing those who have served submission at age 52.
Oh Ok I have no prior service.

RJS

@RJS Did you have age waiver? Do you have prior service?
I did not have an age waiver but had other waivers. I have seen, in other forums, posts of applicants submitting age waivers. I am considered to be prior service. However, this does not apply to me.