• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Gizmo85

You don't want to do Supply Corps...primarily because you'll disrupt my chances of getting in ?. Kidding of course. You've got some amazing experience; either community would be luck to have you! Good luck.
Thanks, that what I don't want to do. I want everyone to have a great shot at getting selected this year. Best of luck to you as well!!!

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
For those that have been selected recently, has anyone spoken to you about going to a Cargo battalion? You should seriously consider it for your long-term future in the SELRES as a SUPPO.

RJS

For those that have been selected recently, has anyone spoken to you about going to a Cargo battalion? You should seriously consider it for your long-term future in the SELRES as a SUPPO.
I haven't spoken to anyone about it yet but have already decided that I will go there after I finish BQC. Especially after they released the message that Junior O's will be assigned to units for 4 years. With my background, I'm hoping that I can get tagged for a MOB to Djibouti. Lol. I'm just trying to hit these particular milestones early on so that I can start on the JPME.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I haven't spoken to anyone about it yet but have already decided that I will go there after I finish BQC. Especially after they released the message that Junior O's will be assigned to units for 4 years. With my background, I'm hoping that I can get tagged for a MOB to Djibouti. Lol. I'm just trying to hit these particular milestones early on so that I can start on the JPME.
You can also ask to go IAP to a Cargo battalion if one if close to you while you finish BQC. That will get you some initial Cargo experience without responsibilities, and you can work on the PQS for the NESCO while finishing BQC. You can then board and get your pin shortly after finishing school.

• Wow
Reactions: RJS

RJS

You can also ask to go IAP to a Cargo battalion if one if close to you while you finish BQC. That will get you some initial Cargo experience without responsibilities, and you can work on the PQS for the NESCO while finishing BQC. You can then board and get your pin shortly after finishing school.
Maaaaan....writing this down right now. Thanks for passing this on @ABMD I appreciate you sharing this. I've got a few things that I've been assigned to in the unit until a replacement comes. Pretty much acting as N7 while going through the CO/OIC PQS.

Hello Everyone,
I am new not only in this threat but I am also a new Reserve DCO Supply applicant. I am 34 yo female with a job in finance (I am a financial analyst in the retail industry) and have a BS and MS in Accounting. My work experience also includes financial statement audit and internal audit. I am also a small business owner and a real estate investor. I am a bit late into the application process and may not be able to turn in a package for the May 2023 board. Last week I went to MEPS and they want me to turn in an updated lab result before I can be cleared, which will slow me down. But it's okay because I could submit a package for 2024.

I have a few questions that I need help with. I apologize if those questions have been answered already in a separate thread.

1. Is there a place (website, online service, etc.) where I can have my Navy Motivational Statement read and given feedback? Or do you know anybody (perhaps ex military) who offers such a service? It is the first time I write such a motivational statement for the military and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
2. I am in the process of writing LOR's. As far as I understand, two of the LOR's have to be from an employer and talk about work. Do they have to be from my current job? Or can they be from a previous job? The last LOR has to be a character reference. Does it have to be from an employer? Or does it have to be from someone non-work related?

Thank you for the help! If anyone has a link to the thread where these questions have been answered, I would greatly appreciate if you could share it (them).

RJS

Hello Everyone,
I am new not only in this threat but I am also a new Reserve DCO Supply applicant. I am 34 yo female with a job in finance (I am a financial analyst in the retail industry) and have a BS and MS in Accounting. My work experience also includes financial statement audit and internal audit. I am also a small business owner and a real estate investor. I am a bit late into the application process and may not be able to turn in a package for the May 2023 board. Last week I went to MEPS and they want me to turn in an updated lab result before I can be cleared, which will slow me down. But it's okay because I could submit a package for 2024.

I have a few questions that I need help with. I apologize if those questions have been answered already in a separate thread.

1. Is there a place (website, online service, etc.) where I can have my Navy Motivational Statement read and given feedback? Or do you know anybody (perhaps ex military) who offers such a service? It is the first time I write such a motivational statement for the military and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
2. I am in the process of writing LOR's. As far as I understand, two of the LOR's have to be from an employer and talk about work. Do they have to be from my current job? Or can they be from a previous job? The last LOR has to be a character reference. Does it have to be from an employer? Or does it have to be from someone non-work related?

Thank you for the help! If anyone has a link to the thread where these questions have been answered, I would greatly appreciate if you could share it (them).
Welcome. Sounds like you have a good background that translates to Supply. Definitely may be a bit too late to submit in time since the window for community interviews may have passed. The upside is that you have enough time to peruse the forum for pertinent information as well as putting forth a great package for 2024.

Regarding the reading of your statement, no. There isn’t an online source for submission of your statement. However, there may be volunteers willing to read through your statement and provide to you feedback. I would first ask your recruiter if he/she has any examples on hand.

Ask your recruiter questions as to how many LOR’s should be submitted. Most likely, one will have to come from your current employer. You should have an option for one other from a previous employer or a character reference from someone who has the same credentials, and background, as you do. Though, it really doesn’t matter as long as they can speak to your character. Hope this helps.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello Everyone,

For question 1, there’s a section here where you can have folks critique + offer inputs with your motivational statement. If you use Google, you can find other motivational statements + examples to help you out.

For question 2, rule of thumb is at least one LOR from current employer, but you should bounce this + confirm with your officer recruiter.

Welcome. Sounds like you have a good background that translates to Supply. Definitely may be a bit too late to submit in time since the window for community interviews may have passed. The upside is that you have enough time to peruse the forum for pertinent information as well as putting forth a great package for 2024.

Regarding the reading of your statement, no. There isn’t an online source for submission of your statement. However, there may be volunteers willing to read through your statement and provide to you feedback. I would first ask your recruiter if he/she has any examples on hand.

Ask your recruiter questions as to how many LOR’s should be submitted. Most likely, one will have to come from your current employer. You should have an option for one other from a previous employer or a character reference from someone who has the same credentials, and background, as you do. Though, it really doesn’t matter as long as they can speak to your character. Hope this helps.
This is great information. Thank you!

RJS

For question 1, there’s a section here where you can have folks critique + offer inputs with your motivational statement. If you use Google, you can find other motivational statements + examples to help you out.

For question 2, rule of thumb is at least one LOR from current employer, but you should bounce this + confirm with your officer recruiter.
Man...next time I'll just be quiet. Lol. This was short and to the point.
This is great information. Thank you!
It doesn't hurt to follow the advice of @FormerRecruitingGuru. I didn't utilize the forum for motivational statement critique. Kinda knew where I would go before going there. But from what I've heard, there are folks who provide critical points to helping an applicant with their motivational statements. I would suggest one thing: Use the search button for the information you need. Chances are, someone may have already asked the question before. Good luck.

thank you, I appreciate it.