• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have no issues with going enlisted for I was enlisted myself but I really do believe I have officer potential. On paper, I'll admit that I'll be outshined by other applicants with master's degrees and over 10 plus years of work experience, but what I can bring to the table are the intangibles, the traits and qualities of being a leader. With at least 8 years of leadership experience, leading Marines, I have something that most of these applicants won't have: the drive and dedication to accomplish the mission, and of course troop welfare. I have experienced many shortfalls as a non-commissioned officer but that doesn't stop me from taking of my Marines and getting the job done.

You do realize there are other prior service and / or current enlisted members with the same (if not more) “motivation” and experience applying, right?

KCRUZ1

You do realize there are other prior service and / or current enlisted members with the same (if not more) “motivation” and experience applying, right?
@FormerRecruitingGuru yes I understand. I meant no disrespect against anyone in this forum or out there applying to be an Officer. I apologize to all applicants out there and who are in this forum. I was being close minded that I have forgotten that there are others out there fighting to make themselves competitive as possible. I wish you the best on your journey and hope you get selected.

Could use a mentor to guide me on my journey towards being an Officer. Thank you and Good Luck!

Anyone know of Navy Officer recruiter close to Guam? If you do, please have them email me at kenneth_cruz1994@hotmail.com so I can explore my options of being an officer. Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

@FormerRecruitingGuru yes I understand. I meant no disrespect against anyone in this forum or out there applying to be an Officer. I apologize to all applicants out there and who are in this forum. I was being close minded that I have forgotten that there are others out there fighting to make themselves competitive as possible. I wish you the best on your journey and hope you get selected.

Could use a mentor to guide me on my journey towards being an Officer. Thank you and Good Luck!

Anyone know of Navy Officer recruiter close to Guam? If you do, please have them email me at kenneth_cruz1994@hotmail.com so I can explore my options of being an officer. Thank you!
If I remember correctly Guam is handled by NRD aka NTAG Los Angeles and the closest OR is probably in LA or Hawaii

RJS

For all prospective SUPPOs, good news.

Selection numbers for FY22 = 35 and FY23 = 40.
With trends of 15-20 selections (2017-2020) it’s surprising to see how these numbers are increasing. After having attend INDOC last month, it was alarming to see so many folks separating from AD after 15-18 years of AD time. From ranks E-4 to O-5.

exNavyOffRec

With trends of 15-20 selections (2017-2020) it’s surprising to see how these numbers are increasing. After having attend INDOC last month, it was alarming to see so many folks separating from AD after 15-18 years of AD time. From ranks E-4 to O-5.

There are a few different reason for increased numbers the simple one is they just need more, but there could be others that would affect the numbers too.

I have seen a few leave like you described one was a friend of mine that left at 16 as a SCPO, I have met others that left in the years of service you mentioned as well, many went into gov't service and the reserves.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
It's all a numbers game. Each year there is an allowed # per rank. For years manning was above approved levels, and thus selection rates dropped significantly. Now things have swung the other way and they are looking to bring in more DCOs.

RJS

There are a few different reason for increased numbers the simple one is they just need more, but there could be others that would affect the numbers too.

I have seen a few leave like you described one was a friend of mine that left at 16 as a SCPO, I have met others that left in the years of service you mentioned as well, many went into gov't service and the reserves.
Yes of course. During INDOC, the CO (FTS/TAR) completed 19 years AD and separated. I think he's approaching 30 years of service next year. At first, I didn't understand it. But after the Financial Counselor started to explain, I understood. It was put like this: Maybe you're not eligible for the next rank unless you deploy and don't want to. You can always come out, go Reserve, and pick up that next rank; something that I believe happened with the CO looking to do his command tour. Picked up CAPT in the process and will still get a AD retirement from the time being served on FTS/TAR.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yes of course. During INDOC, the CO (FTS/TAR) completed 19 years AD and separated. I think he's approaching 30 years of service next year. At first, I didn't understand it. But after the Financial Counselor started to explain, I understood. It was put like this: Maybe you're not eligible for the next rank unless you deploy and don't want to. You can always come out, go Reserve, and pick up that next rank; something that I believe happened with the CO looking to do his command tour. Picked up CAPT in the process and will still get a AD retirement from the time being served on FTS/TAR.

Big navy is cracking down hard on this. It becomes difficult with someone more than 16 years of TOTAS since they get close to sanctuary.

TexCraft

Good afternoon! My panel interview for DCO Reserves is tentatively set for the end of this month. As a non-prior, any words of wisdom or advice you all could bestow upon me? It’s not lost on me, and from what I’ve read, my chances are slim (and I know things like “chances” are subjective). Aside from preparing for this interview like I would for any other, what else should I consider? My OR did provide me with the attached sheet to use as a guide, can anyone tell me if this is the “script” they typically stick to? Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• DCO Interview Apprasial Trainingv5 01.05.23.pdf
    496 KB · Views: 28

TheClyde

Good afternoon! My panel interview for DCO Reserves is tentatively set for the end of this month. As a non-prior, any words of wisdom or advice you all could bestow upon me? It’s not lost on me, and from what I’ve read, my chances are slim (and I know things like “chances” are subjective). Aside from preparing for this interview like I would for any other, what else should I consider? My OR did provide me with the attached sheet to use as a guide, can anyone tell me if this is the “script” they typically stick to? Thank you all in advance.
This guide is excellent. It's not a typical job interview where they want to know who has the best resume, it are you a good fit to be a Navy Reserve Supply Corps officer. One of the best things you can do is demonstrate you understand what the job consists of and your responsibilities and time commitments. Also be able to share what is your motivation for doing this, as well as what you bring to the Navy and Supply Corps specifically.

Rudy.30

Make sure you look the part. Follow proper grooming standards, and wear a suit and tie. I do not know anything about you so I am not sure of your leadership experience but hopefully you have years of experience leading people. Make sure you highlight that. If you are married, show you have made this decision with your spouses full support. Does you employer support this? Hopefully they do & I would share that as well. Be confident in yourself and tell them if you don't get picked up this board that you will apply again next cycle.

RJS

Nothing else to add except answering the questions truthfully and honestly. In reference to the attached, there were only a few things that were asked. Why, my experience, how to handle conflict, etc. It was a very personable interview. With that said, don’t let the small things worry you. Go in confident.

TexCraft

Thank you, @Rudy.30, @TheClyde, and @RJS. Not that it matters, but I'm 38, have an MBA, 15+ years' experience in Supply Chain working in all verticals (currently a Sr. Supply Chain Manager), work is supportive, wife is supportive and can't wait for me to leave for at least for 5 weeks (? tongue in cheek), and wife is supportive of the first billet post schooling (she's aware of the commitment).

TheClyde

Thank you, @Rudy.30, @TheClyde, and @RJS. Not that it matters, but I'm 38, have an MBA, 15+ years' experience in Supply Chain working in all verticals (currently a Sr. Supply Chain Manager), work is supportive, wife is supportive and can't wait for me to leave for at least for 5 weeks (? tongue in cheek), and wife is supportive of the first billet post schooling (she's aware of the commitment).
At a high level that seems to be a competitive resume, and as posted higher up in this thread I believe, numbers have started to trend more favorable in the last couple of years. Good luck!