• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

TexCraft

I couldn't find where this was asked/answered before, and please pardon my ignorance, but the board schedule I have shows the Supply DCO Board will occur between 05-May-23 and 12-Jun-12; is that when they'll select those that they interviewed? I have my panel interview next week and while I can certainly ask them, I thought I'd come here first. Thank you in advance.

RJS

I couldn't find where this was asked/answered before, and please pardon my ignorance, but the board schedule I have shows the Supply DCO Board will occur between 05-May-23 and 12-Jun-12; is that when they'll select those that they interviewed? I have my panel interview next week and while I can certainly ask them, I thought I'd come here first. Thank you in advance.
This is a question for your recruiter/CC. Personally, I wouldn't bring this question up to the board. FYSA, that timeframe gives the board an opportunity to look through all applicants. So it may take as little as 2 weeks to a couple months before you hear back. Again, just put your best foot forward during your interview and all should be well. If not selected first time, apply again. Nothing else really much to say outside of what others have expressed. Good luck.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

One date is the CNRC application due date and the second date is the tentative board date. Understand the board date is a placeholder and might convene sooner or later.

Ask your recruiter if you have more basic recruiting and board questions.

TexCraft

"You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky” -Michael Scott

I shot my shot and completed my interview with an O6 and two 05's Monday evening. I felt like it went well, but we shall see. In the event that I'll need to submit another package, what have folks here done to strengthen theirs for the next round. Do additional civilian certifications in Supply Chain help? Professionally, obtaining my APICS CPIM cert is on my list, I just wonder if fast tracking it before the next round would make a difference? For those that had to submit more than once, what did you do?

Rudy.30

"You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky” -Michael Scott

I shot my shot and completed my interview with an O6 and two 05's Monday evening. I felt like it went well, but we shall see. In the event that I'll need to submit another package, what have folks here done to strengthen theirs for the next round. Do additional civilian certifications in Supply Chain help? Professionally, obtaining my APICS CPIM cert is on my list, I just wonder if fast tracking it before the next round would make a difference? For those that had to submit more than once, what did you do?

Yes certain certification can help. You will have to show some improvement from you previous package if you are not selected. That improvement can be many different things like a promotion at work, volunteer work, certification, etc.

I have helped a few get picked up on their second go around so if you don't get selected this time send me a PM and I will help in any way I can.

RJS

Yes certain certification can help. You will have to show some improvement from you previous package if you are not selected. That improvement can be many different things like a promotion at work, volunteer work, certification, etc.

I have helped a few get picked up on their second go around so if you don't get selected this time send me a PM and I will help in any way I can.
I concur with @Rudy.30 in his response. Improvements would have to be seen to increase your chances at selection and can come in the forms mentioned. Definitely take him up on his offer.

@Ashcraft, from the look of your qualifications, I believe you have a great chance of getting picked up. Especially with such a high selection rate. How did your interviews go?

TexCraft

Thank you @Rudy.30 and @RJS. I'll definitely take you up on that Rudy.30 once I hear back, my recruiter is estimating early July. Overall, I feel like the interviews went really well; it lasted about 75 minutes and seemed to flow nicely and organically.

Reactions: RJS

Gizmo85

So I've looked into both the AMDO and Supply program. I can pretty much do both considering my education level and background in both fields.
Currently I'm a Senior Engineer at Lockheed with Degrees in both Business and Avionics. Just got selected to attended the Naval Postgraduate School for Masters in Business Management and recently completed my Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification in Logistics. I have over 10 years in Military' Aviation and received The Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for saving my prior unit 159k preventing the need of having to order expense aircraft parts.

The AMDO board is in April. Where as; the Supply board is a month or two after that. I'm applying to both so would my one package for AMDO be sued for the Supply board as well?

RJS

So I've looked into both the AMDO and Supply program. I can pretty much do both considering my education level and background in both fields.
Currently I'm a Senior Engineer at Lockheed with Degrees in both Business and Avionics. Just got selected to attended the Naval Postgraduate School for Masters in Business Management and recently completed my Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification in Logistics. I have over 10 years in Military' Aviation and received The Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for saving my prior unit 159k preventing the need of having to order expense aircraft parts.

The AMDO board is in April. Where as; the Supply board is a month or two after that. I'm applying to both so would my one package for AMDO be sued for the Supply board as well?
Could you be a bit clear on your question? In the meantime, have you done interviews for either? If so, did you express to either that you were applying for other designators?

Gizmo85

Could you be a bit clear on your question? In the meantime, have you done interviews for either? If so, did you express to either that you were applying for other designators?
My apologies,

So my package is complete. I've selected both AMDO and Supply Community my choices.
My question is would my current package be used in both separate boards? My interviews were done by one O5 (CDR) and two O6s (CAPTs) within the AMDO community. I was told since I have a business degree to apply to the SELRES Supply Corps as well.

RJS

My apologies,

So my package is complete. I've selected both AMDO and Supply Community my choices.
My question is would my current package be used in both separate boards? My interviews were done by one O5 (CDR) and two O6s (CAPTs) within the AMDO community. I was told since I have a business degree to apply to the SELRES Supply Corps as well.
I believe both packages will be reviewed by both communities. Okay to the interviews. Have you done interviews with Supply as well?

Last edited:

Gizmo85

I believe both packages will be reviewed both both communities. Okay to the interviews. Have you done interviews with Supply as well?
No, only with the AMDO community. I know I still have time to complete the Supply Corps Interviews prior to the Supply Board.

TexCraft

No, only with the AMDO community. I know I still have time to complete the Supply Corps Interviews prior to the Supply Board.
You don't want to do Supply Corps...primarily because you'll disrupt my chances of getting in ?. Kidding of course. You've got some amazing experience; either community would be luck to have you! Good luck.

RJS

Got you. Well, if your recruiter thought it be best to apply because you’re competitive, good luck. I’m sure there are others who have applied to multiple boards.