• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deployment related questions

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I'm having to suppress my desire to look at the 5000 series pubs on my CWS...not because I don't believe you but because I do and now I'd like to educate myself. I'm pretty sure this exchange is worth at least a 1.0 of CL in EDACM ?.

I'll get the paperwork ready for course equivalency from DAU. :D

croakerfish

pilot
How many deployments can someone expect to go on during their first pilot contract?

It varies, depending on timing, Carrier Airwing squadrons vs Expeditionary, etc. I was in an overseas expeditionary squadron on my first tour and spent 15 months of that tour deployed. Some of my peers went to a carrier squadron that didn’t deploy at all during their tour. That is a LOT less likely to happen now.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
It varies, depending on timing, Carrier Airwing squadrons vs Expeditionary, etc. I was in an overseas expeditionary squadron on my first tour and spent 15 months of that tour deployed. Some of my peers went to a carrier squadron that didn’t deploy at all during their tour. That is a LOT less likely to happen now.

For what it's worth, to show some consistency here, I was a CONUS based CVW squadron. I left my first tour with just shy of 14 months at sea, and figure an additional 4 months away from home, 3 of which were in Fallon and 1 was in Oahu.