• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dream sheet--WWII

What WWII USN/USMC aircraft would you want to fly?

• Total voters

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
P-38s anytime in the Pacific; that bird is the reason I like airplanes. Next Corsairs: favorite Navy plane of all time. Hellcats 3rd for survivability, but I really love the Wildcat too.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hellcat's and carriers all the way -- now let's go kill some Jap Zero's ... :D (just tryin' to get into the mood ... )

hellcat1pq7.jpg

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
My top choice would've been the F7F (1st RIO job), but in a perfect world would have done an exchange tour with the RAF or Royal Navy to get a right-seat BN job in the Mosquito.

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
I have to go with the Corsair and the Catalina (in that order). Sure the Hellcats might have put up better numbers, but there were a shit-ton more of them since the Navy flew them and the Corsair was limited to the Marines. If we could get some kind of a kill ratio to put it all in perspective the results might be intriguing.

As for the Catalina, its just cool and it must be fun to land on water.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The F7F never saw combat in WWII... not exactly a "WWII platform" in that regard.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Fair enough. Both were delivered before the war ended but didn't see operational service in WWII. Should I yank the Tigercat?