• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Et Tu, Petraeus?

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
She ain't a supermodel but that is a bit harsh and she is nowhere near MB's ex. After almost 40 years she deserves better than what she is having to endure now.

That's nice of you, Flash. I find myself wishing that his wife could retreat into graceful elegance, but she can't.

However, I also have to wonder what it's like to sleep with a guy whose toupee is eternally sliding off.... (Maybe she was thinking of someone else at the time.)

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Here's the thing though...

Does Lance's drug use make his achievements on a bicycle any less superhuman and remarkable? Of course not. All you need to understand to know that is that when they stripped his Tour wins, they couldn't award them to anyone else, because all the runners-up were also convicted dopers. That he doped doesn't make his achievements any less remarkable, it just means that he had more in common with the rest of the pack than we thought.

But you have to question his covert skills... I mean there are plenty of stupid guys who manage to hide an affair. Unless it was about avoiding testifying...

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Anything that even resembles a skeleton in the closet makes you vulnerable to exploitation, and a man with those kinds of secrets can't have people with leverage over him.[/quote]

It's not like she was a Russian spy, or something. I'm sure his ego was flattered to have the attention and admiration of a younger woman. Let's just hope he keeps government secrets better than he kept his hoochie secret.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's not like she was a Russian spy, or something. I'm sure his ego was flattered to have the attention and admiration of a younger woman. Let's just hope he keeps government secrets better than he kept his hoochie secret.
I think you're missing the point on that angle. It doesn't matter if the chick he was banging was a Russian, but the fact that he was having an affair makes him vulnerable to blackmail by the Russians.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Fair enough, especially if he was really worried about losing his pension, and reputation. He was the better man to suck it up and be humiliated globally, but even better to have dealt with his mid-life crisis in a way suited to a person we trust to that degree. I don't think they make CIA guys the way they used to...I would hope that they would be trained to control themselves better than that.

(I hope his wife spends some of his money on a make-over.)

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
If you think this hasn't been going on since time immemorial (Bathsheba, etc.) you're mistaken.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
I think you're missing the point on that angle. It doesn't matter if the chick he was banging was a Russian, but the fact that he was having an affair makes him vulnerable to blackmail by the Russians.

By the way, Brett, I hope you plan on treating yourself to something nice for Veteran's Day.