• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F18 Emergency Landing at Miramar Air Show

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
.....only to discover that even though you took off 2 hours before the "pointy nose guys", and despite the runway delays, they beat YOU to the club by over an hour, hooked up with your girlfriend, and drank all the beer.

There are benefits to running out of gas after barely an hour on the rare occasion your whole fleet isn't grounded.

Fixed.

phrogpilot73

.....only to discover that even though you took off 2 hours before the "pointy nose guys", and despite the runway delays, you beat them to the club by a week - because when tower insisted you take off present position you fod'd one engine, and dash 2 had a rollback.
Fixed it for you. ;)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Wow. Lots of hate today. I'll have to condense all of my comebacks into one simple reply....

Go fuck yourselves.

Smiles, as always.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. Lots of hate today. I'll have to condense all of my comebacks into one simple reply....

Go fuck yourselves.

Smiles, as always.

Ah the motto of the Harrier community...

We even had JOPA patches made on WESTPAC with that exact sentiment.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Really sucks when you come home after a 5 hour flight and at the FAF you are told to go into the pattern because somebody had to use the gear...and then make 12-15 loops at PA because all of the pointy nose FAGs are out of fuel and have to land ahead of you...
...after 5 hours of it, another 15 minutes of holding shouldn't hurt you...

SF

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I think we should just start shutting down 4, declare an emergency and slide right in front of everyone else. Wait time b gone...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I think we should just start shutting down 4, declare an emergency and slide right in front of everyone else. Wait time b gone...

if anyone asks you why you declared an emergency, you can always just shrug sheepishly and say "well the E handle was out!" I like it.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Okay, I couldn't resist. P-3 guys at Whidbey. WTF. We know you're aiming for the gear because we hear you say you're aiming for the gear. If you're good enough to be able to hit and dislodge the gear than hit the numbers and get the f off the runway in a reasonable amount of time. UHF, its safer for everyone if you use it. I know you have reliability and maint issues with them. Its an SA sump for everyone else in the airspace.

Rant over, now I have a question. I sat at the hold short this evening around 1830 watching what I think was a -46 bird go around and around in the pattern. On three occasions the dude on the radio called for a full stop and three occasions the airplane did not stop. From the outside observer (and from someone who has spent a considerable amount of time watching airplanes land) it appeared that the dude driving the bus couldn't make it happen. First one, super high and lined up over the hold short. Second one was just as high with a huge push over at the numbers that was followed by a wave off and the third one he just kept pushing and pulling the nose all the way down the runway, never actually touching down. I've been on the platform at night and seen guys go 'round and 'round but we're talking about an 8,000 foot piece of concrete with lights and lots of markings on it - and it was LIGHT out. My question is - is that normal? How does a guy get past the FRS if he cant land his airplane?

Peace, I'm out.

K.Lethalz

Negative Reconjoe, this was a type of simulation to show where the pilot had to "hook down" in a certain area to make a successful landing on an aircraft carrier.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Sing it, brother. This leads me to discount the "VP-30" excuse that zab tried to sell me a few months back. I only have so much gas...

I don't fly down at NIP much on the Navy side anymore, but seriously, once you're on the runway, just get your tail across the hold short so the rest of the Navy can fly sometime.