• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Falling Leaf HUD footage

Chubby

hal.jpg

"I'm sorry pilot, I'm afraid I can't do that."

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Someone needs to fire their natops officer... those procedures have changed for the Charlie and are now wrong! :icon_tong
na bro, I've been out of the 'pit for almost a year ... I was happy that I could remember that much, suppose I'm behind the curve yet even further now

seems like EPs in the hornet are changing at the cyclic rate. crazy for a jet that's 15+ years old ... change the software, change the EP

S/F

BugDriver

pilot
Does HAL have 100% control authority in the Legacy Hornet?

Neither stick nor rudder pedals have a direct mechanical link to the control surfaces during normal conditions, so yes. In effect, the pilot only "makes a request", and George then decides what control surfaces to deflect in order to grant the "request".

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Neither stick nor rudder pedals have a direct mechanical link to the control surfaces during normal conditions, so yes. In effect, the pilot only "makes a request", and George then decides what control surfaces to deflect in order to grant the "request".

But can George fully deflect the flight controls? Or is George limited to a certain range?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
so you guys are just voting members in the equation?
and sometimes the second best pilot in the cockpit?

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot

nope, that just allows YOU full throw... and at a configuration I wouldn't want to be flying around in (LEF down and TEF 0)

AND with the new software, the spin recovery procedure doesn't even reference the spin recovery switch.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
nope, that just allows YOU full throw... and at a configuration I wouldn't want to be flying around in (LEF down and TEF 0)

AND with the new software, the spin recovery procedure doesn't even reference the spin recovery switch.
So... Its learning...