• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fight's On! The origins of TOPGUN and dogfights back in the day/future prospects

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I also would like to see that. I bet they'll do it eventually. Since it was so brief, maybe they'd have a hard time making a full episode out of it.

There were two Gulf of Sidra incidents so they'd probably string them into the same episode. But yeah, I hope they do that too.

Ace_Austin

pilot
We can all watch the CGI RIO pounding on his dashboard screaming at the pilot " Select Fox Two Select Fox Two!... SHOOT HIM!" Pilot:"I can't I don't have f&^% tone!"

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
All the episodes last night were reruns but I'm thinking they could do a show on US kills with the F-15, F-18, F-14, etc. Just take a classic from the Gulf War (F-15's and F-18), the Tomcat kills over Libya and make an episode. I do love that show though. The one on Friday was sweet with a dogfight from WWI, II, Korea and Vietnam.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Dogfights week

Well, it's half over, but I just found out they were replaying all the dogfights shows on the history channel. Here's the info for anyone interested. I always thought they were pretty good to watch. No clue what those who have been around the block would think about em.

http://www.history.ca/features/dogfightsweek.aspx

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
........ I always thought they were pretty good to watch. No clue what those who have been around the block would think about em.
http://www.history.ca/features/dogfightsweek.aspx
I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the dogfight recreations. We are very fortunate to now have the technology to realistically recreate these many key and exciting aerial battles. I think they were very well done.

(Unfortunately, I never made it into one. :( )

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the dogfight recreations. We are very fortunate to now have the technology to realistically recreate these many key and exciting aerial battles. I think they were very well done.

(Unfortunately, I never made it into one. :( )
Your legend will live on...here on AW that is. :D

FastMover

NFO
None
Remeber guys, Dogfights' season premiere is this evening @ 9:00. Tonight's episode: Inside a kamikaze attack.

Click here for a preview. Looks like this season is going to be good!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the dogfight recreations. ....
I echo that sentiment as well ... when and if I am fortunate enough to see one of these shows (usually watching the sun go down instead of watching TV in the "summer" ) ... I find myself sitting there, lots of body english in play, saying things like ... "NOW!! Get the NOSE UP!! HE's OVERSHOT !!! REVERSE !!! GO FOR THE SKY!!! ... ROLL IT !!! COME BACK AROUND !!! ... " Things like that .... and Trophy Wife usually pours herself a drink. I wonder why she does that ... ???

Funny thing is ... I'm usually 4-5 seconds ahead of the next "move" in the script. I guess that comes from time in the saddle in the ACM environment. I'm sure you -- Cat -- find a similar thing going on .... it's kinda sad, really .. we coulda' won the war .... :)

But then ... I remember my Aussie Grandpa (a boxer in his early days) sitting on the edge of his chair, a Pabst Blue Ribbon stubbie on the table, holding a cigarette with a 2-inch ash in his lips, shadow-boxing and weaving to the Friday Night Fights on B&W TV .... and everything's O.K. again ... :D

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
I love this show. People have asked me what dogfighting is like and this is easily the most realistic representation I have ever seen! I especially like when the aircraft zips by the "camera" and the image shakes, as if thumped by the air pressure. The graphics really show how small the opposing aircraft can look, even when relatively "close." I always get sucked into this show.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I love this show. People have asked me what dogfighting is like and this is easily the most realistic representation I have ever seen! I especially like when the aircraft zips by the "camera" and the image shakes, as if thumped by the air pressure. The graphics really show how small the opposing aircraft can look, even when relatively "close." I always get sucked into this show.

Were you a Pukin Dog? If so, do you know D-day?