• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fight's On! The origins of TOPGUN and dogfights back in the day/future prospects

brownshoe

Contributor
I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the dogfight recreations. We are very fortunate to now have the technology to realistically recreate these many key and exciting aerial battles. I think they were very well done.

(Unfortunately, I never made it into one. :( )

I watch them over and over… don’t care if it is a re-run. Being a ‘ground pounder’ I get a real kick out of them. As far as you not being in one… Well sir you’ve contributed a great deal, here at this forum as well. From your posts I can see that I would have enjoyed serving with you.

Steve

FastMover

NFO
None
Don't forget to watch tonight guys. F-4 and A-1 gun kills against MiG-17s. This should be a good one.

Dogfights also has a pretty good website as well. Be sure to listen to the F-105 vs. MiG-21 engagements. The audio is very interesting to hear.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... aaa-a-a-a-and .... this worthwhile History Channel series brings a whole new, updated meaning to the term "Friday Night Fights" from my days ... :)

boxingijfpea4.jpg
boxinggillettevo0.jpg

... rep for any "fight fans" who identify both boxers and the year (left photo) ... ???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Well, that's as far as my natural knowledge goes. Anything else would be internet research ......
That's O.K.; good effort ... at least you were in the "time frame" ... or mebbe black & white (the pix, not the boxers, you fools :)) partially gave it away???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Floyd Patterson & Ingemar Johansson in New York City in 1960. Dang you're old!
AND ... I'm experienced. :)

Good job -- Patterson & Johansson -- I think it was 1959,
I'll deduct 1/3 point ---but either way, it's close enough for GOVT work --- those guys were two of the REAL gentlemen of the sport -- they made most of their successors look like pygmies, by comparison ... including some of the "biggest" names. They remained fast friends and visited each other every year until Patterson died of complication of Alzheimer's in 2006.

1147376668_0.jpg

Johansson appears to be napping in this picture ....