• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fight's On! The origins of TOPGUN and dogfights back in the day/future prospects

Lawman

None
They lost me at the point when the Raptor was going to use a Cobra menuver to "turn the tables."

After that I just went back to watching Saving Private Ryan.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I think we get the point, History Channel....the F-22 is a decent plane. Jesus.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
1 F-22 against 15,437 rapid pitbulls.....
F-22 would win....however, against 15,437 RABID pitbulls, it would lose.
pitbull.jpg

BENDER

pilot
The B1 missile ship seems to be a clever idea, after all, isn't it the missile that will really be doing the work these days?

BENDER

pilot
Didn't they have the "future" B1 that was redesigned to carry a shit load of (air to air) missiles, and launch them at multiple targets, working together with the F22? Or I am hallucinating?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Didn't they have the "future" B1 that was redesigned to carry a shit load of (air to air) missiles, and launch them at multiple targets, working together with the F22? Or I am hallucinating?
You Sir might be coming down from a bad trip and read a bad Popular Science magazine while up there. A B1, has zero A/A capability and although not currently a fighter guy, I think it is a poor idea to have a "missile truck" for A/A. "Missile trucks" for A/G, well, that is what the B-52 is. But hell, you never know what DARPA is coming up with next.