• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

bwh06b

FS SNA
Is there anyone else out here that has ever come across having to write a waiver for having a reenlistment code of RE-3K? I have been thinking that everything has been done for the past couple of months now. I went to MEPS on 5 Jan, was Pro Rec'd back in November, and am still waiting to receive a FS. Last week I was told that Naval Recruiting Command was asking for my DD214, which my recruiter says had been sent in with my packet originally. They took care of that, and then at the end of the day yesterday I found out that I now have to provide a hand written statement explaining why I left the Naval Academy after my Plebe year. If anyone has gone through this step of the process and can provide me any insight into what this means and if receiving a waiver for the RE-3K code is just a formality at this point I would appreciate it.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Thought I would give everyone a heads up... Here is some communication a week ago concerning me and thought I should share it with the rest of you since it seems to concern most here in the same situation... This was copied and pasted from my e-mail with slight corrections obviously... Also, sorry about the delay it is hard to find time when you are working three jobs! I recommend reading from the bottom up concerning the message...

TBC, I just wanted to give you an update. As discussed below, we are
still waiting on your selection letter but it should come out sometime
next month.

-OR

OPO,
Mr. TBC's application has passed all of the checks and he
is ready for final selection, but due to the unsigned FY12 goaling
letter from CNP, all FY12 final selections are on hold. NRC has been
directed to cease assigning FY12 OCS dates until the goaling is signed.
We are hoping to have the goal by the end of the month, and at that time
TBC will be given an OCS date and Final Selection letter.
V/R,
High Ranking Guy at Millington

Mr. High Ranking Guy at Millington:

We are in need of the final select letter for TBC. It is in Otools, but has not been made public yet. He was
selected for NFO back in September, and we submitted his corrected JPAS
in February.

Very Respectfully,
OPO

OPO, as a reminder, we are still looking for a final select letter for
TBC. He was selected off of the September selection board
and we completed his prodocs in February. He was selected for NFO.

v/r,
OR

So it appears by the end of next month we should have our FS letters in hand... Hopefully! ;)

sdgigles

Any idea on implications for those of us "assigned" a date already? If that is the case I don't understand how anyone has a date after July.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Words and knowledges.

So it appears by the end of next month we should have our FS letters in hand... Hopefully! ;)

TBC, how long did it take you to get to the point where you should have been given your FS? I was pro rec'd SNA back in September like you but was held up until early April due to medical issues. I was then told by my OR that I needed to be reconsidered because I had lost my guaranteed slot at OCS. Did you receive similar news or did your OR simply submit your final packet? I ask because I'd like to have my paperwork submitted but it's being held up by Millington due to the freeze on FY12 and FY13 numbers and I'm trying to find a way around that.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Any idea on implications for those of us "assigned" a date already? If that is the case I don't understand how anyone has a date after July.

My date is currently in August, however, I have already been informed that it WILL change. I'm sure you are in the same situation if you haven't received a "hard copy" FS letter yet.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
TBC, how long did it take you to get to the point where you should have been given your FS? I was pro rec'd SNA back in September like you but was held up until early April due to medical issues. I was then told by my OR that I needed to be reconsidered because I had lost my guaranteed slot at OCS. Did you receive similar news or did your OR simply submit your final packet? I ask because I'd like to have my paperwork submitted but it's being held up by Millington due to the freeze on FY12 and FY13 numbers and I'm trying to find a way around that.

I had everything except my security clearance stuff done in October. We ran into difficulties with my security clearance because I already had one but it was expiring shortly so we didn't know exactly which way I should submit my security clearance. Basically I did the SF route and as the information above stated I was done with everything in February.

To answer your questions:

1.) September to February... So approx 5 months...

2.) I never received any news that I lost my slot. I have heard there is a time frame in which you need to have findocs submitted (possibly 6 months) or you will lose your slot. It sounds like you may have hit that time limit. If that is the case I'm sorry to hear that bro!

Judging by your last statement you sound like you are actually in the same boat as me... But I don't know your exact information or situation such as when you submitted stuff or what have you... That is just my perception which means very little at this point... Once again... Sorry if you lost it bro... Good Luck!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I had everything except my security clearance stuff done in October. We ran into difficulties with my security clearance because I already had one but it was expiring shortly so we didn't know exactly which way I should submit my security clearance. Basically I did the SF route and as the information above stated I was done with everything in February.

To answer your questions:

1.) September to February... So approx 5 months...

2.) I never received any news that I lost my slot. I have heard there is a time frame in which you need to have findocs submitted (possibly 6 months) or you will lose your slot. It sounds like you may have hit that time limit. If that is the case I'm sorry to hear that bro!

Judging by your last statement you sound like you are actually in the same boat as me... But I don't know your exact information or situation such as when you submitted stuff or what have you... That is just my perception which means very little at this point... Once again... Sorry if you lost it bro... Good Luck!

That hard limit explains a lot. I definitely exceeded the 6 month limit. It shouldn't be a big deal. My OR said that when they open up the paperwork pipeline again, he's going to try to get them to reconsider me outside of the board, which means I should know by early July since they're allowing paperwork to be submitted on 20 June. Not much skin off my back, if I don't make the August boards, I'll just go to grad school.

sdgigles

I never had a hard copy of the FS letter, but I did have orders with the AUG 7 Date. I know there's been discussion about what type of orders elsewhere, but to my knowledge these were legit. They are stamped "original", had my pay rate, and detailed methods of transportation I was allowed to use.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I never had a hard copy of the FS letter, but I did have orders with the AUG 7 Date. I know there's been discussion about what type of orders elsewhere, but to my knowledge these were legit. They are stamped "original", had my pay rate, and detailed methods of transportation I was allowed to use.

A hard copy letter isn't the issue. It is getting the solid OCS date so I can get the FS signed which will allow them to issue my orders.

kdenn

\So it appears by the end of next month we should have our FS letters in hand... Hopefully! ;)

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, AWESOME! I'm in the same boat - pro-rec'd September for SWO, and been waiting for my FS since then. It's in otools as well, there just aren't any open OCS dates to put me in. This is a move in the right direction :) Finally!

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball

It almost sounds like whenever the CNP signs whatever the FY12 manning is, they may be reissuing all OCS dates (e.g. everyone who got rolled will probably get another new date). At least, that's what I'm hoping for. It'll be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

Also, TBC, what do you mean by "hard copy" FS? Do you just mean an official document as opposed to being told "hey, you're a final select?"

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Also, TBC, what do you mean by "hard copy" FS? Do you just mean an official document as opposed to being told "hey, you're a final select?"

Yes, the signed version is what I am referencing when I state a "hard copy" FS. The signed FS letter allows you to swear in.

fattestfoot

Another possible sign that the OCS dates will be changed is that the dates seem to be messed up. Maybe they're supposed to be, but it seems odd. So far the FY12 OCS dates are:

17 Jul
7 Aug
28 Aug
25 Sep
23 Oct
13 Nov
4 Dec

So, for some reason, they've got a normal schedule to start (3 weeks between classes), but there's four weeks between the 28 August date and 25 September date, and another four weeks between that and the 23 October, and then back to three weeks between dates again.

For those waiting for final selects still, this means it's possible everyone with a date after August really just has a tentative date that may get changed here in a few weeks, and you're really no worse off (except you really have no communication from anyone yet). Like I said before, hopefully in a few weeks the FY12 mess gets sorted out and everything gets organized for OCS.

gamechamp24

Early Shippers

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since my last post, but I thought I'd share some info. I've been in purgatory since I was pro-rec'd waaay back in October because I still don't have a FS Select letter in hand. My unofficial ship date is August 28, but I'm still in the holding pattern until the FY12 numbers are approved.

With that said, I called my recruiter earlier today and he said that 'they' (not sure who 'they' are) were calling around looking for people that would be available to leave early on June 26 to fill some vacant spots. I told him I would be available to leave ASAP and he said he would make a note of it even though I don't have a letter yet. But for you guys with FS letters with dates later in the year, you might wanna give your recruiter a call if you wanna leave earlier. Good Luck!

fattestfoot

Wow, I want to leave early, but not THAT much earlier. Not sure how I would handle only having another 2 weeks or so to prepare.

Hope there are some volunteers out there to take the heat for people like me. So far I still need to work on running, the prone float, and memorizing everything but the chain of command and rank structure.