• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First Female F-22 Pilot

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Always unstrap the lower fittings and move around. They just keep the junk in the seat pan with you anyway. It's the shoulder harness that's really critical.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
How long does a translant take in a Harrier? I've done a couple of 6+hr hops in a drysuit and man does it suck. You want to hydrate so you don't pass out and die, but you don't want to for fear of having to piss. There's so much truth to that Dos Gringos song about the 2 ft penis...

Why can't you just make like Alan Sheppard did in the Right Stuff and piss in your poopy suit?? (or poop in your pissy suit)?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
It took us about 6 hours to Lajes, 6 hours to Souda Bay and about 5.5 to Al Asad. 600 hours in the Harrier and I've yet to piss in the jet. Fear of failure, I think. Like I need to piss myself to prove I'm hung like a cold field mouse.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
I still could never figure out the "geometry" of pissing in the T-45, even when I had a 2.0 log leg (yes, it CAN be done) sitting in the back to try to figure out how to use the piddle pack.

Threading it thru the ejection handle was the only option, but that don't leave much room before hitting the stick.

45 minute helo break on carrier quals leaves you plenty of time to figure out how to piss in the jet. Sure the tower gets to look at your junk but who cares. Honestly the hardest part is trying to get everything back in and zipped up. I'd hate to piss while flying without some kind of auto pilot...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Focusing attention on the "first female ___" is a disservice to the individual in question and to the others who did the exact same training.

I've seen the excess attention drive the actions of head sheds as well as producing friction amongst the other pilots.

Do you think the medical corps puts out press releases saying "LT Gaylord Focker, first male nurse in OBGYN?"

MasterBates

45 minute helo break on carrier quals leaves you plenty of time to figure out how to piss in the jet. Sure the tower gets to look at your junk but who cares. Honestly the hardest part is trying to get everything back in and zipped up. I'd hate to piss while flying without some kind of auto pilot...

Glad I did not hot seat from you Khan.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Focusing attention on the "first female ___" is a disservice to the individual in question and to the others who did the exact same training.

I've seen the excess attention drive the actions of head sheds as well as producing friction amongst the other pilots.

Do you think the medical corps puts out press releases saying "LT Gaylord Focker, first male nurse in OBGYN?"

Ironic when some of the women are the ones who like it least.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That's what I'm saying. The added attention is a bad thing all around.

Renegade One

None
Why can't you just make like Alan Sheppard did in the Right Stuff and piss in your poopy suit?? (or poop in your pissy suit)?

Really...why does every thread about female fighter pilots devolve into a discussion about how to take a piss in the airplane?!? The airplane neither knows nor cares...

For all you guys of my vintage...trust me...they've figured it out.

Now my question is...how did Saburo Sakai do it? 10-plus hours or something round trip from Rabaul to Guadalcanal and back...in an A6M2? With a bleeding head wound?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Now my question is...how did Saburo Sakai do it? 10-plus hours or something round trip from Rabaul to Guadalcanal and back...in an A6M2? With a bleeding head wound?

I'm sure figuring out how to take a piss was fairly low on his list of priorities. :D

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor

+1

I've found that really hard-chargin' females who legitimately earn their rewards solely through their own hard work hate it the most. In these days of forced diversity, when they make a big deal of something like this you always have to wonder: did she (or even he if he's being singled out for conspicuous minority status) actually earn this or get it just for lacking a y chromosome/fitting the desired profile? Which is unfair to those who actually earned it.

exhelodrvr

pilot

Hey, don't exaggerate! He didn't have a bleeding head wound for the entire flight!

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Really...why does every thread about female fighter pilots devolve into a discussion about how to take a piss in the airplane?!? The airplane neither knows nor cares...

For all you guys of my vintage...trust me...they've figured it out.

Actually I wasn't commenting on females pissing at all or Japs flying out of Rabaul.