• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First Female F-22 Pilot

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Focusing attention on the "first female ___" is a disservice to the individual in question and to the others who did the exact same training.

I've seen the excess attention drive the actions of head sheds as well as producing friction amongst the other pilots.

Do you think the medical corps puts out press releases saying "LT Gaylord Focker, first male nurse in OBGYN?"
I think gender/ethnicity/whatever is notable when something is more difficult to accomplish because of it, eg if a woman breaks the men's world record for 1-mile run.

As for flying? Well, you guys know much better than I on that one, but it seems like the story is trying to paint Capt Jamieson as someone who is smashing a glass ceiling where there isn't one.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Do you think the medical corps puts out press releases saying "LT Gaylord Focker, first male nurse in OBGYN?"

seems like the story is trying to paint Capt Jamieson as someone who is smashing a glass ceiling where there isn't one.

I don't think this was any kind of press release.

I think this was just thought of as newsworthy by the dude who posted it at WIX. Notice there's no link to any kind of news source or anything. Just this dude posting his photos and "announcing" it himself.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
...how did Saburo Sakai do it? 10-plus hours or something round trip from Rabaul to Guadalcanal and back...in an A6M2? With a bleeding head wound?

After reading that wikipedia article I think he prob relieved himself when the .30 cal bullet went through the left side of his skull!!!

Survives the ordeal, LANDS, has to wait even longer IOT get surgery, then after recovering, he's back in the cockpit training pilots and leading missions?...With one eye and half paralyzed?

Legendary. Period. Nice reference +1.

fastnumber15

TailSpin--classic low level
Being as frugal as I am, I recently took a piss in a rental Cessna as to not waste fuel landing. I trimmed her up ok and rolled it out. Hard as hell to stop midstream and correct attitude. Thank God for Power Aid bottle. I would comment on the first female F-22 pilot but being a butter bar myself...I think I will stay in my own lane here.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Being as frugal as I am, I recently took a piss in a rental Cessna as to not waste fuel landing. I trimmed her up ok and rolled it out. Hard as hell to stop midstream and correct attitude. Thank God for Power Aid bottle.
Did you get in your Power Aid bottle target practice?:D....there is a reason Cessnas have windows that open.

fastnumber15

TailSpin--classic low level
hah..nope...but when I was in ROTC we dropped a whole load of TP and rubber bounce balls out of the 172 on my commanders house as a practical joke. We even had "ground controllers" call in the "strike". WOW...how young we were. Good thing my dad is an FAA investigator.

Clux4

Banned
Did you get in your Power Aid bottle target practice?:D....there is a reason Cessnas have windows that open.

There is nothing like trying to pour a dead man's ashes out of a C-152 and having the wind blow it back in. :eek:

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't think this was any kind of press release.

I think this was just thought of as newsworthy by the dude who posted it at WIX. Notice there's no link to any kind of news source or anything. Just this dude posting his photos and "announcing" it himself.

I'm talking about the 1st female ___ phenomenon in general. There's a reason she's mentioned in a post and not a random male F-22 pilot and it's a stupid reason. The bulletin board post isn't such a big deal, but I've seen personally in a couple cases where the "first female" thing got blown out of proportion and played out poorly for all concerned.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
There is nothing like trying to pour a dead man's ashes out of a C-152 and having the wind blow it back in. :eek:

3653901_std.jpg

navyao

Having been a Plane Captain in a hook squadron and then getting crew qual'd in P-3's I've come to know the basics of "dumping fuel" and having to dump the "honey pot." I for one would like to know how the hell she, women do it? Not trying to be unprofessional at all but seriously? Like Shnugg mentioned, the pilots G-suit looks like something from the Right Stuff, like the U-2 guys used to wear in the 50's and 60's. Grandma must be proud.