• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I may have had a spitter that made two deployments with me. And they were deployments in different tours/squadrons, separated by a shore tour. Kinda gross in hindsight. Zyns are much lower key/less gross. Though even that is a bad habit

Side note, it was a pretty well known fact that a certain member of a certain east coast hornet squadron's front office regularly lit off more than just a proverbial "Lucky" in his jet. He's well on his way to being a big CVN CO by now. I imagine the smoking lamp will be lit on that boat
TBH, looking back, i feel like Copenhagen was a big leak in my game as an instructor...how are you gonna drill the fine points, when you're violating the 3710 on the reg?

With all that said, I can't imagine flying day into night into day missions in the Al Anbar province without it. A trusty spitter tucked in the center of the flight vest was the norm.😆

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
TBH, looking back, i feel like Copenhagen was a big leak in my game as an instructor...how are you gonna drill the fine points, when you're violating the 3710 on the reg?

With all that said, I can't imagine flying day into night into day missions in the Al Anbar province without it. A trusty spitter tucked in the center of the flight vest was the norm.😆
I had a roommate who dipped on one of my cruises, and he would regularly leave a dip cup sitting on the desk in the 6 man. It slid off and spilled at least a couple of times while he was out flying a combat mission.

Not cool.

The first time he did it, we cleaned it up and thrashed him appropriately after he landed that night. The second time, we took a photo of the mess, and made a meme that we put up on the projector in the RR when he came back through.

Public humiliation did the trick. He switched to a bottle and left the cap on. Still gross, but at least it was contained.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I had a roommate who dipped on one of my cruises, and he would regularly leave a dip cup sitting on the desk in the 6 man. It slid off and spilled at least a couple of times while he was out flying a combat mission.

Not cool.

The first time he did it, we cleaned it up and thrashed him appropriately after he landed that night. The second time, we took a photo of the mess, and made a meme that we put up on the projector in the RR when he came back through.

Public humiliation did the trick. He switched to a bottle and left the cap on. Still gross, but at least it was contained.
Uncouth..a veteran dipper knows that a closed container is necessary.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Side note, it was a pretty well known fact that a certain member of a certain east coast hornet squadron's front office regularly lit off more than just a proverbial "Lucky" in his jet. He's well on his way to being a big CVN CO by now. I imagine the smoking lamp will be lit on that boat
Are we talking Menthols or Cohibas? 🤑

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Not cool.

Was this the roommate who is now a freshly upgraded captain at my shop? Who played Fifa on easy mode, according to the legend?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Was this the roommate who is now a freshly upgraded captain at my shop? Who played Fifa on easy mode, according to the legend?
I don’t know about the captain part, but I can absolutely confirm the FIFA story. All night long.

😑

Hair Warrior

Contributor
On the tobacco threadjack, the newest rage where I deployed was these flavored nicotine toothpicks. I tried the watermelon mint.