• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FLYBOYS film

banshee66

There is this new movie coming out called Flyboys-i just saw the preview. its got a load of old fighter planes from the first world war in it-thats what i think the movie is about-at least from the trailer-the planes look amazing! i'm not sure if their actual vintage but either way they light up the screen. i think its coming out in the next few weeks if anyone is interested.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That movie looks awful, in so many ways. It looks like Pearl Harbor meets Top Gun.

LATECH08

Is the movie based on the book "Fly Boys" by James Bradley? If so it should be pretty good.....an eye opener but good.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
"I think we're gonna get our taints handed to us."
"What's a taint?"
"I don't know - sounds bad..."

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I try to avoid any Hollywood portrayal of any factual events.

Tiltedsky

pilot
Bluemax is probably the only WWI avaition movie that is worth watching... and after Flyboys it will probably still be the only movie in that genre worth watching. Flyboys had a booth at Oshkosh this summer during the airshow that looked just as Pearl Haborish as the actual preview.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That movie looks awful, in so many ways. It looks like Pearl Harbor meets Top Gun.

Give me a break. Top Gun was awful. Most military aviation movies are bad from our perspective. You are expecting too much. They are not made of "us". They are made for a broader audience. They are made to make a profit. We still watch movies like Top Gun for the flying sequences. I don't care for much of Howard Hugh's Hells Angles. But the flying was outstanding, especially given the state of the art of film making then and the authentic aircraft. Even though largely computer generated, I will see Flyboys to watch the flying. The threshold I look for is whether I can sit through the rest of the movie just to see the cool flying. I think Flyboys will meet that criteria.