• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FLYBOYS film

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
forgive me if I'm wrong here (I haven't actually read the book yet) but I was under the impression that it was about WWII aviators, not WWI

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Judging from the previews, this movie and the book Flyboys have absolutely nothing to do with one another. Like mentioned, the book deals with WWII and the movie with WWI.

Stubby

Ask the Chief
Give me a break. Top Gun was awful.

I did a NAV extend to Brunswick Maine a couple of months ago and all the JOs were wearing polo shirts under their flight suits in honor of the 20th anniversary of Top Gun. They looked friggin ridiculous.... :icon_what

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did a NAV extend to Brunswick Maine a couple of months ago and all the JOs were wearing polo shirts under their flight suits in honor of the 20th anniversary of Top Gun. They looked friggin ridiculous.... :icon_what

That wasn't a Top Gun miscue. That wasn't uncommon in the fleet back then.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
It looks to be about the Lafayette Escadrille, which is a pretty awesome story. However, this movie (from the trailer), looks like a bunch of Abercrombie and Fitch models posing in front of aircraft and pretending to be men. Maybe some slo-mo scenes of a group of guys walking out to the aircraft, maybe the young guys learns some lessons, maybe the veterans get some newfound respect for them, blah, blah, blah.

Let us hope the action will kick ass.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Ya, those where awesome... Who was your Favorite Character FMRAM?

Winters21.jpg

Major Richard "Dick" Winters for sure...what a leader! ;)

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Speaking of badasses, Jean Reno is in Flyboys, so its got that going for it. He's fvcking awesome; The Professional anyone?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Major Richard "Dick" Winters for sure...

Naaaaaaaaaaa .... your guy (above) is an actor. He's acting. Playing a part; pretending he's someone else.

THIS guy (below) is the real deal, a leader, a tiger, a gentleman, and a handsome stud by anyone's standards ...