• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 08 STA-21 Status

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Everyone I know who has been selected still got that years SRB installment, and were instructed to not worry about paying it back. If you are worried about SRB you must be a nuke, lol....

Heh, nope, I'm a dirty submarine A-ganger (and I've been through the san tanks to prove it! ;)). I wasn't really worried about the SRB, just had this gut feeling about it and I wanted to make sure it was only a gut feeling.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
it changed again... If you go to the application page, try to log in, it takes to to the page that says locked or whatever.. Then if you go to the bottom of the main page to the Physical Placement Link and try to login, it clears out your password that you just entered and then takes you to the same page as above "locked". But, if you pay attention to the actual inetrnet address, it changes when you login, and redirects you to the login for the application. SOOOOOOO, IT LOOKS LIKE THEY FIXED THE "GLITCH"

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Darn, I wish I would have logged in this week! I missed the glitch, so I'll have to play the waiting game!
I'm a little anxious because like EM1(NUKE), I just turned 27 (mid August), and I applied for the pilot program (Core secondary). I did this thinking with the college that I have under my belt, it would only take a year to get the degree. I was told that all things considered it should not be an issue, but we'll have to wait and see!
Good luck to everyone and hopefully there will be some good news for most of us in the comming weeks!

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
LOL I read the replies to this topic and see everything I am thinking. I got all my fingers cross, my prayers going, and cant sleep at night. I'm glad I am not the only one who is over thinking the situation.... hell its kind of fun ;)

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Let this die please.

I find this thread very amusing. Keep it up.

This is understandably a huge career/life path change for those selected. We probably all are debating what we will do if or if not selected. I too am anxious, but I took some leave over the next few weeks :D

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
I find this thread very amusing. Keep it up.

This is understandably a huge career/life path change for those selected. We probably all are debating what we will do if or if not selected. I too am anxious, but I took some leave over the next few weeks :D

That's NOT a half-bad idea. I've been contemplating the same for my wife and I - just to get out for an extended weekend.

A buddy of mine said he's gonna laugh at us all when our speculation proves wrong :D

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
Well I hope the speculation is wrong :D But we all know that I must have never saw that "super secret glitch screen" :p

DeltaVictorFC2

Anybody know how many people were selected and for what programs last year? I looked all over, but cant find the results anywhere. Wierd, could have sworn they were easy to find a few months ago.

livnlow1

Anybody know how many people were selected and for what programs last year? I looked all over, but cant find the results anywhere. Wierd, could have sworn they were easy to find a few months ago.

there were 200 selected... if you go to the sta website and then go to the administration... click on that and message NAVIADMIN 291/06 is the list from last year...

DeltaVictorFC2

Thanks for the info.....33 CORE last year and 48 this year, and 8 SWO last year and 20 this year. I know most of you guys are applying for NFO and PIOLET, but maybe these numbers going up mean those did too.

DeltaVictorFC2

you just have to write them and ask...here is the email I recieved when I sent one asking as our YN1 said to:

Everyone wants to know this information. All I can tell you is that 48
CORE were selected and 20 SWO and the NAVADMIN will be out by mid
October with the complete list.
v/r

Naval Service Training Command (NSTC), STA-21 Placement 250 Dallas
Street, Suite A, Pensacola, FL 32508

@navy.mil

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
What the hell... They didn't say anything about pilot or anything...and they said they already selected the core? Crazy.