• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 08 STA-21 Status

DeltaVictorFC2

When I asked if my package was complete when my package wasnt working, they sent me this, and thats why I thought that....maybe its wrong, or can be submitted later.

All we do is review the package and let you know what is missing. In
this case you are missing a Page 13 for the CORE Option. It has nothing
to do with SWO. CORE is your secondary option, if selected for CORE you
need a Page 13 in your package stating you agree to the terms. You may
down load one from the STA21 web site, fill it out properly, scan it
into an email and send it to us or fax it to 850-452-2486. Hope this
helps.
v/r

Naval Service Training Command (NSTC), STA-21 Placement 250 Dallas
Street, Suite A, Pensacola, FL 32508

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
So, from the "intel" collected by various members: 48 Core, 40 Nuke and 20 SWO, that leaves about 80-100 slots for the remaining programs (based on the assumption that there will be 180-200 selectees as has been so in past years). Pilot and NFO usually command big numbers too, so probably between 25-30 slots each?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
So, from the "intel" collected by various members: 48 Core, 40 Nuke and 20 SWO, that leaves about 80-100 slots for the remaining programs (based on the assumption that there will be 180-200 selectees as has been so in past years). Pilot and NFO usually command big numbers too, so probably between 25-30 slots each?

Sounds like a slam dunk to me.

DeltaVictorFC2

Keep in mind that those numbers either stayed the same, or got higher. SWO went from 8 to 20, so there is nothing to say that you air guys numbers diddnt go up as well. Why dont you just write them an email and ask?

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
haha... just tell the civilians down there about this forum and we can get all of our questions answered at once...

or...

just release the results!! :D

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Keep in mind that those numbers either stayed the same, or got higher. SWO went from 8 to 20, so there is nothing to say that you air guys numbers diddnt go up as well. Why dont you just write them an email and ask?

I doubt the numbers for Pilot and NFO went up as well, because the overall number of selectees hasn't changed over the past 4 years so it wouldn't make sense for them to make more this year than in previous. It's all about the needs of the Navy and checks and balances and they very well might not need Pilots and NFO's as much as they need SWO's and Nukes. Plus, they added a new program (Medical Core) and changed SWO to SWO/IP, which could account for the increase in SWO selectees this year.

You guys also need to think about the fact that even if you are selected into a specific program option, you aren't guaranteed that option. My ESO (FY04 selectee) told me that two months prior to his graduation they pulled all the STA selectees into a room and told them to submit their desired program option choice again!