• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

chk13

I never saw my appraisal sheet either. Its funny how my command picks and chooses which parts of the instruction they wanted to follow and which ones they wanted to ignore. For instance, I and other applicants set up our own external board. I never met with the CO he just took the recomendations from the XO. But I can't see my appraisal sheets....funny. But, at least someone on the inside told me on the side I faired exceptionally well. That held me over for a while, now I am just trying to smoothe talk the ccc for a copy or at least a peak (kind of chalk it up to a lessons learned type thing so incase i do not make it i can better prepare for next year). I am so worried they did not fill out their sheets correctly. The hardest part is that it is not even Aug and i am unable to just forget about all this for a little while. I printed out the precepts that someone posted and studied them and tried to figure how i scored which does nothing for me because i do not know how any one else scored or how my appraisal sheets read. oh well, i think i will end this rambling book and try and get some work done.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
PRICE- sorry, that was you who posted the precepts...thanks for that by the way.

No Worries and your welcome.

Anyone studying yet for the September Exams? Or is your rate like mine (AWF1) and only promoted 1 person last cycle, so the chances of getting picked up for STA-21 are 10x better than making 1st/2nd/3rd ???

Mustang64p

pilot
I'm right there with you buddy. PO2 4 Life! By the way price, I couldnt respond to your PM. Not enough posts yet. shouldnt be long though

wernama

Alright, they posted all the items they received in my package today on the STA-21 website. No comments at the bottom of the page...That means everything is good right? Also for anyone who submitted there data form online it says 0 next to that column right? Yea i agree with you 100% chk13 my command went by the instruction at their convenience also but, just like you someone told me that i did well so it has held me off from bugging them about it. Its funny though how most commands wont let you see your complete package, you should be able to see how other officers see you that way you can improve on the areas you didnt do so hot on. Hopefully i can persuade them to give me a copy of my package sometime before i leave the command.

chk13

It sounds like you are good to go also. Yes, it will say 0 for those who used the web application for the data sheet. I think they are affraid of confrontation for those who did not do so well on their boards and so it is kind of annonymous. But i agree about the lessons learned reasoning for looking which is what i am going to do. we will see.

WeatherGoddess

I stand a great possibility of getting sent IA to Iraq in September. If I do, what will happen if I get selected into STA-21 in October?

From the instruction, it looks like all orders are supposed to be in 'abeyance' so I would double check with your detailer and CoC and see if you are still eligible to go....otherwise if you get accepted you will have to cut your IA short and that will leave them in a bind....

WeatherGoddess

Yea at first they were saying that the packages would be reviewed not by the 16th but by the 1st of Aug sorry for the confusion. I called today because my package still has not been reviewed and Mike said that they are working 12 hour days and still hope to get done reviewing by the 1st but no guarantees... Im a little worried because i never saw the appraisal sheets submitted my my command and nomination review board but, I guess I just have to be patient and wait...

I didn't see the appraisal sheets until after the package was already mailed in and they mailed me a copy of my package that was submitted (I am at a detachment in Germany so I had to send my stuff off to the CO at the Center in Norfolk) so maybe if you ask, they will give you a copy of the complete package for your own records.

wernama

Trust me I have asked and its gotten to the point that I dont want to ask anymore because I know the answer is going to be no again. There is a part in the instruction that says that applicants should retain a complete copy of their packages but there is also a part that says packages should not be returned to applicant once applicant has sumbitted them to the command. Very contradicting but its not worth the fight.

IrishSailor

6th year's a charm?
Sweet, it looks like they finally reviewed my package and received everything! Now it's just a waiting game...Is it too early to start a countdown to (hopefully) October?

chk13

how about we wait 'til september to start our october count down....it is already moving so painfully slow that a count down will just enhance that slowness...lol (I want my life back!)

Soccerstuff

So, I’m looking to attend The Citadel if selected... I would study Computer Science or an Engineering Degree (Computer or Civil)... I feel I want to get the most out of my STA-21 experience and this school is the closest to the Naval Academy I can get at my age.

Is there anyone out there that can give me some insight as to how they operate.... and more importantly what a STA-21 enrollee's day to day involvement with the 'ROTC' unit would be? I am under the impression that it wouldn't be like 'boot camp' as it is for the non-prior cadets, but I’m wondering if I’m making my life more difficult and will see less of my family if I chose The Citadel.