• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
um... excuse me, sir, can you get some work done? who gets off work to go to the zoo???

It was authorized absence!! I swear! I wanted to get an idea of the atmosphere that is going on in Pcola, so I went and hung out at the primate house, saw a bunch of monkeys swinging around their cages carelessly.

cbaker

It was authorized absence!! I swear! I wanted to get an idea of the atmosphere that is going on in Pcola, so I went and hung out at the primate house, saw a bunch of monkeys swinging around their cages carelessly.

Better watch out. Those primates that are swinging carelessly are the ones that are determining your future. Better make sure you bring some bananas. :)

wannabeadoc

Srb

Does anyone know for sure what the regs are for receiving an SRB? I know it says that you cannot receive an SRB for reenlisting for STA-21 and that you are not eligible for installments after selection. The way I interpret this is that if you get payed for SBR (installment or initial payment) before the results come out you keep it. I have been getting conflicting word from various sources. Any insight from anyone on here?

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
you will not get paid for an installment if your date falls after selection. if it is before, then that will be your last installment.

wannabeadoc

you will not get paid for an installment if your date falls after selection. if it is before, then that will be your last installment.

The installments always come on Oct 1st so I think I will be fine there. I also read it as saying that if the initial payment of an SRB is received before the results some out, it is kept. In other words a member reenlists on 3 Oct and receives payment on the 5th. The results come out on the tenth so the member keeps the initial installment. Any thoughts / knowledge to the contrary?

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
yeah i would think that if you have your money in the bank already, prior to you obligating service for selection to cover the 6 years, that they are not going to take the money back. however, you know how the navy can be, taking their sweet a$$ time to get the money that is yours to be deposited in your account, but when you might possibly owe them anything, they will take it all back and then some, and the cycle goes on for 2 more LES cycles...

not to criticize you on your choice of when to reenlist, but is there any chance you could have done it in September so that the money would be due to you no questions asked? i understand if it was a pts or zone issue though. i had the same issue about a year ago, but i didnt get an SRB, and i only reenlisted for 2 years.

oh and one more thing, i am guessing that you are just using Oct 10th as an example, you didn't get that date in a fortune cookie from hunan wok that says thats when the results are coming out...

Beaker

Well here we go waiting again, if I don't make it this year it will be OCS next year I'm only 3 classes from finishing my bachelor's degree already.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The installments always come on Oct 1st so I think I will be fine there. I also read it as saying that if the initial payment of an SRB is received before the results some out, it is kept. In other words a member reenlists on 3 Oct and receives payment on the 5th. The results come out on the tenth so the member keeps the initial installment. Any thoughts / knowledge to the contrary?

I fought this fight for two years, and eventually won...but learned a lot. Technically, your command is not supposed to seek an SRB for you if you have submitted an application to become an officer (STA21, OCS, LDO, etc.) However, the date that the SRB Desk uses for submission and the date that STA-21 uses are different. By the STA-21 rules, you submitted a package when you gave it to your CoC (probably somtime around May/June for most of you). The SRB guys claim that your package is not submitted until your CO signs it/mails it (which shoud be 1 July for most of you).

I reenlisted in June, and STA-21 took my SRB initial installment and my October installment. I fought until Feb 2010, and eventually got them to see things from the SRB Desk point of view and got my money back. I don't think you are going to have a chance in hell of getting an SRB if you reenlist after 1 July, and if you do, don't spend it because STA-21 will take it right back (one guy in my BOOST class had to give back $25,000).

Lesson Learned: you better reenlist BEFORE the date your CO signs your package.

wannabeadoc

I fought this fight for two years, and eventually won...but learned a lot. Technically, your command is not supposed to seek an SRB for you if you have submitted an application to become an officer (STA21, OCS, LDO, etc.) However, the date that the SRB Desk uses for submission and the date that STA-21 uses are different. By the STA-21 rules, you submitted a package when you gave it to your CoC (probably somtime around May/June for most of you). The SRB guys claim that your package is not submitted until your CO signs it/mails it (which shoud be 1 July for most of you).

I reenlisted in June, and STA-21 took my SRB initial installment and my October installment. I fought until Feb 2010, and eventually got them to see things from the SRB Desk point of view and got my money back. I don't think you are going to have a chance in hell of getting an SRB if you reenlist after 1 July, and if you do, don't spend it because STA-21 will take it right back (one guy in my BOOST class had to give back $25,000).

Lesson Learned: you better reenlist BEFORE the date your CO signs your package.

Good info guys... I had to wait to reenlist until after Oct because I couldn't reenlist until the new FY. I was planning on holding on to the money (if I get it) for a little while just in case they do pull it - your feedback reenforces why I should. I will keep my fingers crossed though. Man losing this much money is a hard pill to swallow if it happens. But it will be well worth the selection.

Bandit X

Good info guys... I had to wait to reenlist until after Oct because I couldn't reenlist until the new FY. I was planning on holding on to the money (if I get it) for a little while just in case they do pull it - your feedback reenforces why I should. I will keep my fingers crossed though. Man losing this much money is a hard pill to swallow if it happens. But it will be well worth the selection.

Must be nice to get an SRB these days.... must be nice....whats up with results, out this Friday right, on the down low? Cmon, anyone know anyone on the board? How do they solicit participants? Is everyone seeking tech degrees? Anyone have anything less than outstanding on their appraisals? Anyone know any number twos that got selected?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

You probably won't even be eligible for an SRB. When your CCC calls the help desk to request one, he has to tell them that you are applying for STA-21. IF they do grant you an SRB, they will hold it until the results come out. If you get picked up, no money. If not, payday.