• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

Tell me about it... My CCC's all told me I wouldn't have to pay it back and now I hear this! If I get picked up I will have to cough up $13,000 which was already spent to become debt free. It will have been a nice couple of months... Can anyone who has come across this previously offer any insight on repayment options? Do they offer a pay back plan or expect you to give it all back in a lump sum?

wannabeadoc

Tell me about it... My CCC's all told me I wouldn't have to pay it back and now I hear this! If I get picked up I will have to cough up $13,000 which was already spent to become debt free. It will have been a nice couple of months... Can anyone who has come across this previously offer any insight on repayment options? Do they offer a pay back plan or expect you to give it all back in a lump sum?

If you do have to pay it back (I don't think you will), they will work with you to pay it back over a period of time. I think it can be as long as over the rest of your time in the Navy, whether enlistment or obligated service.

Found the instruction, check out page 8 of OPNAVINST 1660.8.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

If you can't pay it back all at once, PSD takes the amount of money you owe and divides it by the number of months you have on your enlistment contract (which should be no less than 5 years if you get picked up). If you are debt free, it ends up being an interest free loan to get out of debt. Not awesome, but not terrible.

PM if you want some details of my situation, or any advice on how to keep your money.

NCIT1

Srb

You do not hae to repay your SRB. The instruction says that you will not receive any further installments. I had to look into this last year when I was selected as an alternate.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You do not hae to repay your SRB. The instruction says that you will not receive any further installments. I had to look into this last year when I was selected as an alternate.

You do if your command allowed you to reenlist w/ SRB after you submitted your package. If you reenlisted two years ago, and are just receiving installments, then of course you don't have to pay it back.

From the 1160:

(5)
SRB entitlement for eligible members, who reenlist/
extend after applying for an officer program, will be suspended
pending selection results. SRB is authorized for applicants who
are either not selected, chosen as alternates, or withdraw their
application for an officer program. SRB is not authorized for
members selected for participation in an officer program.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
Alright starting Friday who is going to be watching the message traffic for results? Any Admin folk out there? Any Admin hookups??

Eblack904

Alright starting Friday who is going to be watching the message traffic for results? Any Admin folk out there? Any Admin hookups??

I will be watching thats for sure. I am on alert 24/7. i have my hi side access. so i am definetly checking at all times. of course if we have some hawaii folks on here, we should be checking the forum, they will get results before us East coasters.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
how does that work anyways? is it because they are pac fleet, or is it a time zone thing or what? Watch this be the yr that navy times gets em out quick, or they actually do just post as a navadmin...either way, I'm hoping for next friday.

Eblack904

how does that work anyways? is it because they are pac fleet, or is it a time zone thing or what? Watch this be the yr that navy times gets em out quick, or they actually do just post as a navadmin...either way, I'm hoping for next friday.

Its just a time zone thing. They will see it first is normally how that goes. But I'm hoping for this friday. I just want to see my name say selectee. it will be such a life and career changer for me.

WeatherGoddess

well I am on maternity leave so I will be watching the forum lol and then go into the office to check my own results when I see they are out....

chk13

I can not believe it is really going to be October this week! I find myself hitting up AW more often throughout the day than before just for the camarderie of those who know how I feel right now. (anticipation, nerves, figitiness, and everything else wrapped up in a huge ball in my stomache).

Eblack904

I can not believe it is really going to be October this week! I find myself hitting up AW more often throughout the day than before just for the camarderie of those who know how I feel right now. (anticipation, nerves, figitiness, and everything else wrapped up in a huge ball in my stomache).

I know thats right. I am checking the sta-21 website as well. because prior years there glitches that leaked results. i wonder if they fixed that yet. either way. im super nervous. i just finished my commissioning physical. Im tryna be proactive. i am nervous as well!

infogeek

My sentiments exactly. As the results approach, I find myself checking my personal statement, doubting my chances, biting my nails, and I've bookmarked both this page and the NAVADMIN page. I'm a freakin wreck right now!

Eblack904

My sentiments exactly. As the results approach, I find myself checking my personal statement, doubting my chances, biting my nails, and I've bookmarked both this page and the NAVADMIN page. I'm a freakin wreck right now!

I have bit my fingers off already!! i have bookmarked this page and sta-21 along time ago. i also have the Fy11 stats and scores page bookmarked. I have just been worried because its really hard to get selected for supply. they only selected about 4 max each year. but i applied for core as well so hopefully i can get it. I really want Supply Corps, however to be an Officer of any field i would love just as much. :)

infogeek

I have bit my fingers off already!! i have bookmarked this page and sta-21 along time ago. i also have the Fy11 stats and scores page bookmarked. I have just been worried because its really hard to get selected for supply. they only selected about 4 max each year. but i applied for core as well so hopefully i can get it. I really want Supply Corps, however to be an Officer of any field i would love just as much. :)

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I applied for IWO and they only take 8 or so per year. I couldn't apply for anything else thanks to my age so I am definitely reachin, lol. If I don't make it this year, even though its my first attempt, I'm not applying next year. I'll just knock out my degree and try for OCS or drop a chit for an early Chief exam and try LDO. Good Luck to All!

P.S.:I'm also dreading going to the Navy Day Ball, if there is no positive news, and hearing all the "Keep your head up" speeches afterwards.