• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
since the conversion to AW, which is officially Naval Aircrewman as a rate, the NAC is our Primary Warfare device, so it goes on top. That is odd that you wear your AW pin on top, but I guess it has to do with your current community.

CP

I concur, as per uniform instruction: "The warfare insignia of the specialty in which currently serving will be worn in the primary position [ie. On top]."

chk13

it is not my community....but my current command. although it is a training command it is an aviation training command, therefore it is at the CO's discretion on how it is mandated. The truth is there are only about 15 of us black shoes (chief and blueshirts) and the only time we put reverse our pins is when we are up at some board. (soq/ or instructor of the quarter/year). We actually had one of our sailors lose because she was "out of uniform". funny. well we play their little silly games now.

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
It doesn't have to be your community. There are YN's, PS's, LS's and many other black shoes that serve in aviation commands, and while "currently serving" in an aviation command the EAWS goes on top. Once you transfer back to a surface unit the surface pin goes back up top. Hope that clears it up!

chk13

yes, that is true Chris....but technically it is a training command in which you can not achieve any qualification (other than MTS). I am just b*$#ing because of community pride. It is not that big of a deal really....i guess.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
charlie give it a few years and you will have a gold pin on top of your silver esws pin, and you can wear your eaws on your belt. then you will be the $#!T !

chk13

i guess complaining about my air pin on an air forum is not the wisest thing....lol you guys make everyone feel welcome on this forum and kind of forgot where i was.

chk13

so i am on watch like i mentioned before and to fill the time i, of course, and perusing through all the forums and stumbled across this from the FY09 and thought it was halarious. So i will share....
Dada da….. dada da.

UNSOLVED MYSTERIES an all new episode starts “NOW”

Tonight on Unsolved Mysteries, we have something so shocking… it has baffled people for weeks. And maybe tonight… YOU can help solve this UNSOLVED MYSTERY!!!

The Case of the Missing NAVADMIN…. Brought to you by the stressed out people of “Air Warriors”

brake for commercials

chk13

but let me give credit where credit is due...the author of that post was CMS_189 on Oct 9th of 2008.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I assumed you viewed the FY-11 STA-21 Stats a Scores page, which I'm now going to assume you and wlawr005 didn't. It's a list of your own qualifications, awards, warfare devices, education, evals, PFA's, and so on. It was primarily just to look at the rest of the competition.

nah, I know about it. I just think its terrible that you think you can gain any information about yourself from posting your stats against the 30 or so other applicants on this website. It's funny to watch...and sad.