• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

vickey0070

I think all INTEL selected are commissioned as O-1. Saw other designator being commissioned

I have an MA but was told that I will commission as O-1
Check with your recruiter, I have a master and I will commission at O-2 that is what I am told. Program Authorization do not have that info on mine. Trying for Oceano 1805 designator. No point spending extra time when you can be placed at O-2 from get go.

IWC2022

Check with your recruiter, I have a master and I will commission at O-2 that is what I am told. Program Authorization do not have that info on mine. Trying for Oceano 1805 designator.
Yeah I would love to start as O2. It may work differently on 1835 though. Can Veterans comment on this please?

exNavyOffRec

Check with your recruiter, I have a master and I will commission at O-2 that is what I am told. Program Authorization do not have that info on mine. Trying for Oceano 1805 designator. No point spending extra time when you can be placed at O-2 from get go.

Yeah I would love to start as O2. It may work differently on 1835 though. Can Veterans comment on this please?
Not all designators are the same, and just because a person has a degree beyond a BA/BS doesn't mean they will come in at a higher rank. The professional history will be reviewed for a determination.

jh81

That is what I thought. I will check with my recruiter to confirm.
I recall asking about this - I was told that since 1835 has applicants literally out the door, there wasn't a need to offer anything above O-1 to attract qualified candidates. Thus, everyone in the 1835 pipeline comes in as an Ensign regardless of degree. But again - maybe ask your recruiter too.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I recall asking about this - I was told that since 1835 has applicants literally out the door, there wasn't a need to offer anything above O-1 to attract qualified candidates. Thus, everyone in the 1835 pipeline comes in as an Ensign regardless of degree. But again - maybe ask your recruiter too.
It is in the Program Authorization:

9. Constructive Entry Credit: Not applicable.

IWC2022

Thanks for the helpful info guys! Really appreciate it.
Do you know the background of this clause? Why no constructive entry credit for 1835 new DCOs?