• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Datkanwel

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Patience is key. They will be out, when there out. I think its time for another subject changer... So for the pilot applicants out there, what pipeline is everyone shooting for? I'm hoping to go strike...

I really don't care. Before I joined the Navy, I wanted to fly fighters. Then, as I worked with Helos, I grew to love them. Now I just wanna fly. I can tell I'm not the only one here who thinks like that.

OscarMyers

None
I really don't care. Before I joined the Navy, I wanted to fly fighters. Then, as I worked with Helos, I grew to love them. Now I just wanna fly. I can tell I'm not the only one here who thinks like that.

+1

anyone in here working on there private pilots license?

OscarMyers

None
I have about 4 hours on the books so far, if I dont get picked up I am going to start ground school in December

personally, i thought ground school was kind of a waste of time and money. being an AE most of the stuff they covered was A school flashbacks. you can get a great set of books from sportys.com from jeppeson with a lot of good info in them. I have about 15 hours up here at pax.

Steelerfan23

Thats a good point, I have 4 hours "on the books" but have spent a lot of time flying around Chesapeake and Norfolk. And for what it is worth I fly VFR and IFR on Flight Simulator X, its actually a pretty good learning tool, talking to the tower and learning basic flight rules.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
personally, i thought ground school was kind of a waste of time and money. being an AE most of the stuff they covered was A school flashbacks. you can get a great set of books from sportys.com from jeppeson with a lot of good info in them. I have about 15 hours up here at pax.

What squadron at PAX?

OscarMyers

None
the kit they got for us was the jeppesen private pilot kit, it has everything you need besides a headset. If you can get your hands on a david clark all you need is a dynamic mic and a GA adapter for it. Thats what i have and it works great.

OscarMyers

None
Sounds familiar. I am at HX-21... a few 53 guys here as well. Do you fly the planes located on base?

yeah that old ass one that says airforce on the side of it over where u cross the taxiway. Its dirt cheap on base compared to out in town.