• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
AM2 has killed my hopes for the day... but atleast some questions are answered.

Giving the F5 key a break and logging off.

zeroentropy

I would believe this if not for all the people with "inside info" who all said the 20th would be the day. So I am just going to hope for today, cuz obviously all the insider stuff isn't true.

BOaB

This was a few pages back:

I called the phone number on the STA-21 website and spoke with a gentlemen who informed me that the board has concluded and they are waiting on the approval of 3 admirals. They hope that they will have them out the week of the 20th but it may be as long as the week after that.

And then today:

I just spoke with Mike the civilian at STA-21 and he has informed me that 2 more admirals need to sign off and then it is on it's way to bupers. He told me that it may not all happen today and that they are looking to have the results out by the end of the month. HA! no kiddin'? I should hope so.

So, if we take the opportunity to read waaay too much into this (and since I'm a Nuke, I consider it my duty to do so), we are seeing some positive progress in the fact that at least one Admiral has given the go ahead. Hopefully the means that whatever criteria these guys look for is good to go, which would mean the other two should be following suit shortly.

What it really means, though, is that I'm going to try to stop refreshing this page today. I'm sure it will be an effort in futility....

zeroentropy

Which if this is true, all the people who heard that the 20th would be the day heard incorrect information. Cuz either the stuff is already signed and they are clearing medical and security holds, or it isn't and we have much longer to wait. I guess November then *sigh*

BOaB

Which if this is true, all the people who heard that the 20th would be the day heard incorrect information. Cuz either the stuff is already signed and they are clearing medical and security holds, or it isn't and we have much longer to wait. I guess November then *sigh*

or the guys who were contacted that said the 20th were banking on the idea that the results would be signed off on yesterday.

but now I keep hearing "the week of the 20th" more and more. I suppose that is a safe bet, seeing as there are 2 weeks remaining in October....

AM2

Sorry everyone for the bad news but i had to call and ask. I am as anxious as the rest of you, no doubt about that!

zeroentropy

Sorry everyone for the bad news but i had to call and ask. I am as anxious as the rest of you, no doubt about that!

Don't worry its not bad news. I am sure they are guessing as much as we are, since these are the same people who said they would be out the 20th. So still hoping for today.

BOaB

Don't worry its not bad news. I am sure they are guessing as much as we are, since these are the same people who said they would be out the 20th. So still hoping for today.

Heh, that would be something...everyone is just a'guessin.

All I know is that this is getting old....fast.

zeroentropy

I agree. I was super patient and got my hopes up for the 20th from like 5 different people saying thats what they heard. So I will be very disappointed if its not today.