• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

David M. Holland

East Meets West
He didn't say the admissions lady said the rumor. Relax guys. This is a pretty slow thread, never seen it like this. But officer accensions are low this year supposably.
The admissions lady said there were only 75 spots this year? How would she know that?

I believe everybody will be pleasantly suprised at the results.

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
He didn't say the admissions lady said the rumor. Relax guys. This is a pretty slow thread, never seen it like this. But officer accensions are low this year supposably.

I believe everybody will be pleasantly suprised at the results.
I'm surpisingly calm actually ... but that is the second time I've heard that 75 number and I am curious ... Come on October 6th!

DiverDan

US Navy Diver
SWO/ED

I'm anxious, and a lot of changes will be happening for me regardless if I get selected or not. All I want to know is if I got in and do I need to reapply. I'm following the same plan as Jennifer... they'll either select me or get used to seeing me.

Hoping for early news (October 6th would be great).

TheCzar

FY13 Pilot Applicant (2nd time)
Pilot/Core First Time

Applied to Hampton U and UT Austin. Already have a degree plan from HU.

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
The admissions lady said there were only 75 spots this year? How would she know that?
No, she only said that I should wait to apply as the admissions fee is only good for one semester and it would be a waster of my $75.00 because ASU will work with me to get my needed paperwork if I get selected. I realize my choice of words may have made that a little confusing. :oops: That may be the second time you heard the rumor, but it's from the same place (that guy on Facebook) so I wouldn't give it too much credit.
Are you planning on going to ASU if you get selected?
Yes.
I'm 28. I didn't join until I was 26, hopefully the civilian life I had before I joined the navy helped bolster my package
Ok, I get it now. :D

JHawkNROTC

FY12 & 13 Supply Corps Applicant
Good Morning All. I just happened upon this forum while I was surfing for some rumors/leaks. I know I'm a bit late to get in on all the conversations, but I thought I'd at least post my info:

Supply/Core (first time)
YN2(SW)
5.5 yrs
Currently serving in a solo tour at Ft Leavenworth (so technically, I'm the OIC)
I've had 5 evals thus far in my career. The first of which was an MP, and all since have been EP's
ACT-23 math, 24 english
NAM-2, GCM
LORs: 2-Star Army General-1, LCDR-1, LTJG(prior enlisted)-1
82 Credit Hours(upon completion of this semester)-Business Admin Degree
All PFAs Outstanding or Excellent
First Choice Universitiy: University of Kansas

Some personal info: I've been married for 4.5 years. We have our first child (boy) on the way (due Jan.2). I just received orders to HSL 46 out of Mayport. So, hopefully I'll find out in a couple of weeks that those orders will be canceled. Prior to Ft Leavenworth, I was stationed aboard USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (2006-2009) where I served as Air Dept YN and in CO Admin.

I have noticed quite of few of you in this forum whom are 2nd or 3rd time applicants. Does anyone know what the chance are for first time applicants?

3rdtimer

I've been an alternate twice and The Citadel (Charleston, SC) seems to be one of the most military friendly colleges in that respect, especially if you're a non-engineering major.
Thanks, I'm willing to PCS anywhere that will help me to graduate and commission on time. I have also heard a rumor ( love the rumors...) that if someone can not commission on time for the age requirment of thier desig option, that waivers actually can be granted and that it does happen occasionally. Anybody heard of that happening? I'll have 5 total semesters to grad/commission on time. 6 if they consider that may Bday is in March and thats half way through a semester. I've got a ton of college credits and AA, but not sure if they'll be accepted

Joe Smith

They ABSOLUTELY will not let you extend passed the age requirement regardless of when you birthday is within the semester. The instruction wording is something along the lines of, 'must be commissioned before their ____ birthday' and not, 'commission when they are____' Not trying to sound rude, but I got hit in the head on this too.

Ordie1757

Mr. Holland, what do you know that we dont know.......hmmmm????? Hopefully good news! Does anyone remember exactly how the results got leaked last year?? And has anyone asked Mr. Stratton for quota figures yet???

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
No, she only said that I should wait to apply as the admissions fee is only good for one semester and it would be a waster of my $75.00 because ASU will work with me to get my needed paperwork if I get selected. I realize my choice of words may have made that a little confusing. :oops: That may be the second time you heard the rumor, but it's from the same place (that guy on Facebook) so I wouldn't give it too much credit.
Sounds a lot more military friendly than my first choice university. I paid the 60 dollar application fee for the slim chance of being accepted to UVA. They don't extend acceptances beyond the term applying for either, but they will not give you a degree plan unless you are an accepted student, either. I was a student at VT 9 years ago and I can go back whenever, so I have that going for me at least. Proximity to my current location would dictate UVA as the better choice though. Otherwise I'm a geo-bachelor for two years, making the five hour trip home every weekend.

On another note, quick question for anybody in the know. IF selected, do you receive BAH depending upon your schools zip code, or the residence that is listed on your Page 2? Just curious because there is about a 500 dollar disparity between my house and the VT BAH rates.

Ordie1757

If those orders authorize a dependant move (which I'm assuming they do) then you will get BAH according to your duty zipcode

3rdtimer

They ABSOLUTELY will not let you extend passed the age requirement regardless of when you birthday is within the semester. The instruction wording is something along the lines of, 'must be commissioned before their ____ birthday' and not, 'commission when they are____' Not trying to sound rude, but I got hit in the head on this too.

Thanks Joe.