• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 STA-21 Applicants

Ordie1757

We gotta get this forum going guys, I know everyone is anxious as me....checking everyday and harrasing my COC for any rumors! If I dont make it this time, thats it for me! Lets get some rumors on the board!

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
We gotta get this forum going guys, I know everyone is anxious as me....checking everyday and harrasing my COC for any rumors! If I dont make it this time, thats it for me! Lets get some rumors on the board!

The only rumors I've heard are that the program is drastically cut and that there are only 75 spots this year. Not encouraging rumors...

I was going to apply to my school but the admissions lady I spoke to said that it would be a waste of $75.00 and to just wait until results come out. She said she'll have no problem hooking me up with a degree plan as soon as we get word.

Ordie1757

What school is that?? And I havent really heard anything about the numbers being cut except for that on epost on someones F/B....

Ordie1757

Arizona State...is that the school known for their insane college parties?? LMAO, If it is thats what Im talking about!

The only rumor I heard was that Ocean O's/SWO Ocean applicants with a decent package have a real good shot at getting picked up because they need that particular designator really bad.....all rumors though until the results come out!

Jennifer Båtstad

FY-13 STA-21 Selectee
Your package got in on time though right? I think that commands make it hard for the applicant on purpose. I believe the officer community wants to know that you are willing to do whatever you have to do to get the package complete, like jumping through hoops etc. etc. You could only imagine how many applicants there would be if it was just a cookie cutter process. Not only that, it makes you feel damn good when that package is complete!!

Keith, you know I got it in on time! Yes, LT Dearolf and LT Doane, along with all the others who contributed, were huge helps. They were able to get the ball rolling and keep it moving. And LT Doane explained to me that next year the process will be a little more streamlined for future applicants.

Jennifer Båtstad

FY-13 STA-21 Selectee
has anyone started to apply to their respective schools yet? or waiting until the results come out on Oct 18 (dibs on the day unless its been spoken for already)?

I know my luck, and so to err on the side of caution, I went ahead and applied to two universities in-state and I'm considering a third out of state. I've been accepted to UNF, USF (my previous school prior to joining the Navy), and UNC-Chapel Hill is the one I'm currently debating. I received a very warm e-mail from a LT with their NROTC battalion who gave me the "warm and fuzzy" on possibly becoming a Tarheel.

We shall see! Either way, I intend to pick a school and at least take some correspondence courses until the STA-21 board realizes they won't get rid of me (until they select me).

Ordie1757

I think we are all paranoid.......Im waiting to hear a decent rumor about when the results are gonna be released or the quotas for fy12!!

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
The only rumors I've heard are that the program is drastically cut and that there are only 75 spots this year. Not encouraging rumors...

I was going to apply to my school but the admissions lady I spoke to said that it would be a waste of $75.00 and to just wait until results come out. She said she'll have no problem hooking me up with a degree plan as soon as we get word.
The admissions lady said there were only 75 spots this year? How would she know that?