• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

bryanteagle6

I was honored to be selected for Navy Intel. Officer.

I tried to apply for DCO six years ago as a Supply Officer. At the time I was a non-prior service and the Supply O-6 that interviewed me said if I do not get supply think about enlisting. Well, I did not get picked up in 2010 and looking back that was the best rejection of my life. I decided to enlist in the navy reserve 2011. However, I had a plan to go DCO after I proved myself. To find out I got picked up this time was a dream come true.

I am not saying everyone non-prior should go enlisted. But is something to think about. I enjoyed serving my country and I embraced my enlisted time. I will miss my enlisted life and will cherish it the most.

BIO:
BS in Business and worked in banking (non-leadership role) as a civilian before my reserve enlistment.
Currently working on my MBA and still working in banking.

Navy reserve career currently an E-5:
15 month active duty orders at a three letter agency as a Deputy Operations Chief (over 25 Civilian/military personnel):
· Awarded Joint Service Commendation Medal

18 month active duty forward deployed in combat situations as a Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge and training manager.
· Awarded 5 Air Combat Medals
· Awarded second Joint Service Commendation Medal

Picked up three Navy Warfare pins

For my DCO pkg:
Interviewed by three O-6s and all 10s
6 LORs, all from various senior military officers, government and enlisted. (Air force, Navy, civilian and a Command Master Chief).
IDCOIC gave highest recommendation.

Already being enlisted helped me establish the right network and people wanted to help me become an officer. My O-6 interviews were arranged by a particular person in the navy who is the most outstanding sailor I have ever come across.

So I say for those of you who did not make it, keep trying and have a plan for the future. If you chose not to enlist, continue to work with the right people who are in the Navy that can help you put together a great package.

Best of luck to you all and see you all in the fleet!

Id like to talk to you more about this! can you start a conversation with me or can I ask you questions on the thread only?
thanks

DeCarlo

That's terrific news. Do you happen to know if all three boards made their selections at the same time? Also, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks and congrats again!

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
That's terrific news. Do you happen to know if all three boards made their selections at the same time? Also, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks and congrats again!
From what I understand, all the IDC designators are decided upon by a single selection board.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
I have a lot of free time when I'm off client.
I also got pro-rec'd for 1815 IW. Now to just play the waiting game for comm docs.
Cool. Just got off the phone with my OR. Heading to the NOSC in half an hour to start the paperwork. I was told that they are working to get orders cut for me and that I'll go on an 'open-billet' at the NOSC until processing in complete.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Cool. Just got off the phone with my OR. Heading to the NOSC in half an hour to start the paperwork. I was told that they are working to get orders cut for me and that I'll go on an 'open-billet' at the NOSC until processing in complete.
Nice. I'm still in a holding pattern for my paperwork.
From what I've been seeing on other various posts on AirWarriors and the Web, Final Select can take 2 days to 6 months. Hopefully it doesn't take that long.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Yeah, timeline I was given is a month. I'll likely wait until after I swear in, and do the ceremony later.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Yeah, timeline I was given is a month. I'll likely wait until after I swear in, and do the ceremony later.
A month would be awesome in regards to my timeline. I guess it depends on how quickly Milington's processors are.
You're non-prior, right?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
All: I just got back from the signing the initial form at the NOSC. My OR wanted to take me out to lunch on his dime. Nothing doing. I bought their lunch and thanked them profusely. Apparently, sometime during my process, they dropped a retirement package. So my OR was helping me to get in, while they were on the way out. What a great sailor!

ryblyguy

All: I just got back from the signing the initial form at the NOSC. My OR wanted to take me out to lunch on his dime. Nothing doing. I bought their lunch and thanked them profusely. Apparently, sometime during my process, they dropped a retirement package. So my OR was helping me to get in, while they were on the way out. What a great sailor!

What is the initial form, and what does it entail?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
What is the initial form, and what does it entail?
I was too engaged in conversation to think to look at the form number, but it's just an agreement form that is a prerequisite for the NOSC to send up to Millington and ask for COMDOCS to be generated and sent back down. On my form, all the boxes/fields were completely blank, and my OR just asked for a signature, saying he would fill it in.